New job WIC Technician in Wyoming
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $17.92 - $19.03 an hour
Location : Wyoming
Use your skills to make a difference in your community! This 30-32 hrs/week part-time position promotes positive health outcomes for the participants of the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program through eligibility assessment, certification processing, and program referrals in Natrona County, with the main clinic located in Casper. This position ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
Human Resource Contact: email@example.com 307-777-6057
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Performs WIC participant income eligibility assessment, including scheduling and providing/completing required notices and computerized documentation and references.
- Maintains confidentiality of participant information.
- Schedules participants in a matter that meets regulatory requirements, the needs of the participants, and the availability of staff with a high level of customer service.
- Sends reminder letters to participants of their upcoming appointment along with other required documentation/notifications.
- Integrates WIC services with social and health agencies, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and other community programs for education and referrals.
- Provides excellent and friendly customer services to WIC participants.
- Works with supervisor, competent professional authorities, and breastfeeding peer counselors to ensure a positive experience with WIC participants.
- Assists with vendor activities as assigned.
Preference may be given to candidates that have a High school diploma and experience working in a health-related field with previous experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children.
It is strongly encouraged that the applicant has bilingual skills in Spanish and English.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of WIC rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Knowledge of effective interviewing techniques including attitudes, behaviors, and value judgments that affect the worker-client relationship.
- Knowledge of community resources and government programs and how to access them.
- Knowledge of agency computer systems and their application.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- FLSA: Non-exempt.
- The Wyoming Department of Health is an E-Verify employer.
- Part-time, benefited position working 30-32 hours a week.
- A background check, including the taking of fingerprints, will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every successful applicant.
048-Wyoming Department of Health - Public Health - Community Health-Women, Infant & Children
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.