New job Transition Specialist in Oklahoma
Company : USO
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oklahoma
Since 1941, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Transition Specialist is responsible for the delivery of USO transition services and programs to troops and their families.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Support assigned clients by providing a concierge approach to assist clients in designated focus areas, connecting clients to needed resources for success during a PCS move or final transition to civilian life.
- Support Site Manager’s local working relationships with U.S. military and local community leadership in order to maximize service awareness and delivery.*
- Design and keep detailed records of Individual Action Plans within USO’s Salesforce system. Provide trusted partner resources and community connections to assist in meeting individual and/or family goals. Complete individual action plan goal as part of collective program goal across enterprise.*
- Assist with design and distribution of marketing materials across multiple channels in order to raise awareness of local USO’s transition programs and services. Represent the organization at scheduled events and outreach programs as assigned by leadership. Promote and gather feedback through survey and data collection and enter into USO’s data collection system.*
- Coordinate with local USO leadership to ensure appropriate and adequate volume of volunteers, supplies and other resources are available for all programs, services, events and activities.*
- Assist with conducting needs assessments and compiling performance metrics related to the delivery and quality of USO’s transition services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Postsecondary coursework in psychology, sociology, or social work preferred.
- 2-4 years work experience in a customer service or administrative support role. Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. military structure, regulations, and existing transition service programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, Veteran’s Administration, and other compatible public and private services available within assigned geographic service area.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism. Ability to assess and communicate what can and cannot be done by USO’s transition services.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management software (Salesforce preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must be punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and follow proper cash/donation handling and reporting procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- This position is located in Fort Sill, OK. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.