New job Senior Research Analyst in New York
Senior Research Analyst
Company : Stony Brook University
Salary : $24 an hour
Location : New York
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Social Work. Experience working with target populations (fathers, probationers, substance abusers in recovery). Experience conducting research with target populations.
One (1) or more years of full-time experience working with target populations. Six months of full-time experience conducting research with target populations. Experience in research data entry and analysis.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Senior Research Analyst will conduct research interviews in the field with men enrolled in the Suffolk County Fatherhood Initiative (SCFI) and will perform data management tasks.
- Conduct research interviews; responsible for conducting research interviews in the field approximately 2-4 interviews per week. The interviews are scheduled off-campus and the incumbent must use personal transportation to various locations throughout Suffolk County. The interviews are conducted using a computer assisted interview program and last approximately one hour. Interview questions focus on fathers' involvement with their minor children, mental and social functioning, employment status and confidence, and relationship skills.
- Enter, clean and code date; enter data from verbal interviews into database programs. Review data for errors, code and score data using statistical software.
- Travel to program sites. Travel to various locations in Suffolk County (most often Hauppauge and Riverhead offices) including program offices and community service centers for the purpose of research interviews and program observation.
- Track and locate program participants; using last known residence information, attempt to contact previous program participants via phone and in person.
- Monitor human subjects’ compliance.
- Conduct literature reviews; using Stony Brook University library resources, locate and compile research articles on best practice interventions for working with fathers in low-income communities. Participate in writing peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. This is a part time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Evening and weekend work may be required at times.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.