New job Nutritionist I in North Carolina
Company : Gaston County Government
Salary : $34,946 - $54,166 a year
Location : North Carolina
- $34946.00 - $54166.00 per year (Exempt-Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Persons who are bilingual and are willing to provide translation services will receive an extra 5% incentive pay.
HIRING RANGE: $34,946-$44,556 Persons who are bilingual and are willing to provide translation services will receive an extra 5% incentive pay.
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Assesses WIC Program applicants for program eligibility and develops a nutritional plan of care by obtaining documents and assessing the anthropometric measurements; interviews applicants to obtain medical history, dietary practices and socio-economic information; assesses biochemical status; determines medical/nutritional eligibility for WIC Program services; develops a customized plan of care and provides nutritional counseling; refers to other appropriate services; assigns appropriate WIC food package; reviews and authorizes prescriptions for exempt formulas; determines follow-up nutrition counseling needed at next visit.
- Provides nutrition counseling and education for WIC participants by presenting mini lessons to those who are low nutritional risk and provides comprehensive follow ups to high risk participants based on need.
- Travels to other WIC Program sites; records daily the number and type services provided to WIC applicants and participants; keeps records daily of the number and type of services provided to participants.
- Participates in WIC and medical record review sessions; attends continuing education in the areas of maternal and child nutrition and lactation management.
- Attends workshops and training related to the provision of program services; attends Health Department and WIC staff meetings.
- Performs related work as required or as assigned to this position.
Requires graduation from a Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education-approved Didactic Program in Dietetics; or Dietetic Technician, Registered with the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education with a Bachelor’s degree in any subject area from an accredited four-year college or university; or a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition or Community Nutrition from an accredited four year college or university. A valid driver’s license is required. The candidate selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,946.00 - $54,166.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location