New job Logistic Associate in Tennessee
Company : Pfizer
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
Why Patients Need You
Our manufacturing logistics and supply team makes sure that customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. You’ll help bring medicines to the world even faster by embracing challenges, imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
You will help Pfizer carry out the activities in distribution logistics centers to meet customer requirements, such as shipping and receiving requests, packing, storage, distribution of products, samples and promotional literature to domestic and/or international locations and associated customer service. You will act as a logistics facilitator to ensure all elements of the distribution process are coordinated in a way that customer requirements and time constraints are met.
As part of technical operations, you will be developing and applying your knowledge of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. Your receptiveness to new ideas will enhance the team’s ability to achieve goals and targets. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks and identify process issues or problems that involve direct application of your skills/knowledge.
It is your dedication and hard work that will make it possible for Pfizer’s customers and patients to receive the medicines they need, when they need them.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development, accountable for own results.
- Ensure accurate picking of customer orders so that the correct item material, lot batch number and quantity are assembled to meet the customer order requirements.
- Understand use of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) as they relate to assigned tasks.
- Identify and report Safety concerns. Work safely while performing daily tasks.
- Develop solutions to routine problems.
- Possess intellectual and cognitive abilities in order to complete investigations and resolutions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in general warehousing or manufacturing
- In depth knowledge of System Application & Products area specific functions
- Cognitive and math skills are required as it relates to processing of the product orders
- Ability to define and explain opportunities for improvement
- Ability to identify and report safety concerns
- Basic knowledge of computer programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
This position is responsible for various tasks related to the receipt, storage, order fulfillment and shipping of customer orders. This may include the accurate placement of material into storage or staging locations while ensuring that the proper recording of the location is maintained. The accurate picking of customer orders ensuring that the correct material, batch number and quantity are assembled to meet the customer order requirements. The preparation of orders for shipment, may include the packing of material into boxes, containers and pallets which will ensure the appropriate protection of products; and using shipment modes to ensure orders are received by customers according to our standards of care and customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 25, 2021
- Additional Location Information: Memphis, TN
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Indicate any physical or mental requirements necessary for the performance of an essential function of this particular role. Requirements should be unique to the work being performed in this role and consistent with business necessity. Examples: Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Long hours spent standing and walking on concrete on the Warehouse floor or sitting are required. Sometimes additional hours are required as the business levels dictate. These may include evenings and weekends on occasion. Some lifting of packages of up to 40 lbs may be required.
- Forklift Training / certification is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Basic knowledge of computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.