New job Data Entry Operator in New Mexico
Data Entry Operator
Company : University of New Mexico
Salary : $10.50 - $14.55 an hour
Location : New Mexico
The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for a Data Entry Operator to join our Transcription team. This position will be responsible for:
- Transcribing/editing report types such as histories and physical, operative notes, consultations and discharge summaries for a wide variety of specialties in a hospital environment
- Processing pending reports and working queue as assigned
- Prioritizing dictation (STATs) as per daily schedule, or as requested by supervisor or if requested by prior authorization
- Listening completely and fully edit jobs as requested with feedback given to transcription service
- Providing other feedback as indicated for errors found on notes at time of checking information
- Ability to multi-task to provide maximum efficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, physicians, management, and others ideal for someone who is: dependable, detail-oriented, autonomous/independent, adaptable/flexible
This is a remote position with equipment provided. Reliable internet and phone service required.
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 146 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 600 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provide treatment to 65% of New Mexico’s cancer patients from all across the state and partner with community health systems statewide to provide cancer care closer to home. They treated 13,578 patients in 105,748 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. A total of 1361 patients participated in cancer clinical trials, including 544 (40%) patients who participated in clinical trials testing new cancer treatments that include tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The more than 102 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded $36.2 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects. Since 2015, they have published 930 manuscripts, and promoting economic development, they filed 136 new patents and launched 10 new biotechnology start-up companies. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 530 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
See the Position Description for additional information.
- All regular, non-temporary positions assigned to this classification are represented by a labor union and subject to the terms and conditions of the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University's influenza vaccination requirement.
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time
- Transcription/Editing: 1-3 year preferred
- Medical Terminology: 1 year preferred
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.