New job CharMeck 311 Operations Manager (311 Program Manager) in North Carolina
CharMeck 311 Operations Manager (311 Program Manager)
Company : City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County
Salary : $73,910 - $83,147 a year
Location : North Carolina
The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
Charlotte’s local government, with more than 7,000 employees and a $2.39 billion budget, works hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play.
Housing & Neighborhood Services focuses on creating vibrant, diverse neighborhoods through the delivery of four major service areas: Community Engagement, which works to create successful neighborhoods where people of diverse backgrounds and incomes can build successful lives, Code Enforcement, which works to improve the appearance of communities and maintain standards of living, Housing Services, which provides a wide array of programs and services for families residing the City of Charlotte, as well as CharMeck 311, which provides important information and services for customers in the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the vision and direction of the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and CharMeck311 and effectively communicate/model this vision in every interaction with customers and employees
- Work closely with CharMeck 311 internal partners (i.e. Training/Quality Assurance, Workforce, Partner Liaison, HR, etc.) to achieve customer service objectives and to provide timely and accurate information to CharMeck 311 staff, City/County partners, and callers.
- Supervise a team of direct reports by through coaching, development and performance management
- Successful daily implementation of service level agreements with the City and County agencies participating in CharMeck 311
- Act as an escalation point for all operations employees, and escalate issues to Division Manager as necessary
- Provide regular reports to Division Manager on key call center metrics, call activity, and employee performance
- Lead and/or represent CharMeck 311 on committee/work teams for changes to processes/new implementations and various projects
- Serve as call center point of contact in the absence or at the request of the CharMeck 311 Division Manager
- This position is considered essential. The 311 Contact Center Program Manager may be asked to work when other City offices are closed due to bad weather or other significant events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid Understanding of general government information and services
- Detailed knowledge of call center operations
- Ability to manage the introduction of new services (adding new City/County agencies to 311
- Ability to identify, hire and lead performance management of Operations staff
- Understand City Council Focus Areas for Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and superior project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with all level of management (including senior-level government officials)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to leverage technology to meet customer service needs
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a contact center with at least 75 customer service representatives is preferred
- Experience in Operations Management, Quality Assurance Programs, Budget Development and Implementation, Workforce Management/Scheduling and Strategic Planning
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, management, or communications preferred
$73,910 to $83,147, based on experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.