New job Assistant Director of Admission in Massachusetts
Assistant Director of Admission
Company : Wheaton College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
Recruit, advise and counsel prospective students/applicants to the College and share recruitment activities, travel, interviews, presentations, and on-and off- campus programs with a recruitment staff of seven.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains responsibility for geographic territory including oversight of inquiry and applicant statistics and trends; as well as cultivating relationships with students, school counselors, community- based organizations, faculty, staff and alumni/ae.
- Interviews, conducts group information sessions, and travels to represent the College at high schools, community colleges, college fairs, and other appropriate programs (this includes some evening and weekend work in person and virtually). Anticipated annual travel is approximately 8-10 weeks per year.
- Member of an Admission team working on one or more of the following programs both virtually and in person: Student Workers/Volunteers, Social Media coordination, Special Events, Diversity initiatives, Alumni Admission programming, assist as needed with Digital Marketing or other areas, as assigned. Responsibilities assigned based on availability as well as candidate’s experience, interest, and capacity.
- Review, manage, and evaluate applications from assigned geographic territories, including follow up with prospective students, applicants, guidance counselors and parents, as necessary. This may require evening and weekend work.
- Participate in organization and implementation of on-campus recruitment activities (in person or virtual) including (but not limited to) overnight programs, open houses, etc.
- Assumes other responsibilities and related projects as assigned by the Director of Admission and/or Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission & Student Aid.
Wheaton has been operating under a remote hybrid model in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is our hope to return to an in-person model for operations in the fall of 2021. While this position may be temporarily remote, aside from traveling expectations, there is an expectation that the work performed will be on campus when the college determines it is safe to return to in-person operations.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Professional Experience: 0-3 years.
- High level of energy, personable nature, flexibility, and a strong work ethic with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Superior public speaking, interpersonal, organizational, and written skills as well as a commitment to selective, liberal arts education.
- Commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body, as well as a passion for global education.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team; most travel for the college will be coordinated and executed individually.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while satisfying expectations and deadlines.
- Must be personable, flexible, and highly motivated.
- Must possess a wonderful sense of humor.
- High level of technical skills; minimum skills to include Microsoft Office. The office uses Slate as its CRM.
Internal contact with College Officers, faculty, staff and students. External contact with counselors, secondary school administrators, alumni, prospective students and parents.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy
commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly 1,700
undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries. Nearly 23%
of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 11% are international
citizens. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the
basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic
information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and enrich
an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and the
College actively encourages applications from women and members of
Open Until Filled
Office of Human Resources
Special Instructions to Candidates:
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time