New job Alternate Investments Operations Analyst in New Jersey
Alternate Investments Operations Analyst
Company : U.S. Bank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Alternative Investment practice of U.S. Bancorp Global Fund Services, LLC (GFS) provides value-added services to our robust and rapidly growing client base, which includes hedge funds, private equity funds, and other investment companies.
The Alternative Investments Operations Associate works as part of a team responsible for providing accounting, administration, and investor servicing to investment companies and their advisors. In today’s complex and dynamic environment, our clients demand to be served by professionals who understand their goals, their investments, and the industry. GFS fund administration professionals are seen as trusted advisors to our clients. We work with clients to continually assess their changing business and strategies and provide them with the expertise, tools, and information that they need to focus on growing their investments.
The Operations Associate provides middle and back office support to hedge funds and asset management firms. This is not a front office/trading position. This is an entry-level position, that provides on the job training and room for growth opportunities at a rapidly growing company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Trade entry into portfolio accounting system
- Reconciliation of trades, investment positions and cash balances to external third parties (banks, prime brokers, counterparties)
- Resolution of trade breaks
- Valuation of client portfolios
- Coordinate fund expense accruals and authorizations. Facilitate payment of all fund operating expenses. Analyze fund accrual calculations
- Posting journal entries into general ledger accounting system
- Maintain Partnership Accounting System: Input and reconcile all contributions and withdrawals. Allocate fund level profit/loss to individual investors
- Preparation of NAV calculations
- Calculate and disseminate financial and performance information to clients
- Prepare partnership investor statements for distribution to investors
- Prepare audit schedules and year-end financial statements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Zero to two years of related experience, preferably in financial service operations
- Thorough knowledge in accounting, reporting, and analysis
- Ability to identify and resolve/escalate complex problems with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .