New job Agency Emergency Management Coordinator in New York
Agency Emergency Management Coordinator
Company : Agriculture & Markets, Department of
Salary : $73,284 a year
Location : New York
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in planning, directing or coordinating emergency or disaster services in an appropriate occupational area. At the Department of Agriculture & Markets, the occupational area is experience in public or private organizations related to pets, livestock, or the farming,
horticulture or agricultural industry, or public events such as conventions, fairs, or conferences.
Education Substitution: Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four years of specialized experience, or an associate’s degree and two years of experience. A J.D. or master’s degree may substitute for an additional year of experience. A Ph.D. may substitute for two additional years of specialized experience.
- Serves as a liaison with State and federal disaster operations (e.g., Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency).
- Coordinates efforts with emergency management and disaster preparedness governmental and related organizations to ensure effective implementation of the agency’s emergency management preparedness program and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Will coordinate and prepare emergency planning for the Great New York State Fair.
- Develops and updates the State Fair’s Comprehensive Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations Plans.
- Ensures the agency’s continued implementation and compliance with components of the National Incident Management System.
- In the event of an emergency, coordinates response, identifies resource needs, and communicates needs in accordance with the Incident Command System.
- Provides training to employees to support agency emergency preparedness and continuity of operations.
- Produces correspondence, reports, presentations, and other materials related to emergency management and disaster preparedness.