New job Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support I) in Kansas
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support I)
Company : Johnson County Kansas
Salary : $15.40 - $20.84 an hour
Location : Kansas
Johnson County Mental Health is looking for qualified candidates to fill a full-time Administrative Assistant position. This position works as a member of the Community Relations Team and supports the Prevention Services and Community Relations Division. The Prevention Services and Community Relations Division is responsible for providing education and outreach in the community to promote positive behavioral health, managing the department’s internal and external communications, applying for grants, and client and employee engagement. The position is based in the Olathe office. First review of applications will begin on June 25, 2021. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manages logistics and registration processes for mental health classes such as Mental Health First Aid. This includes using web-based registration platforms and gathering supplies for instructors.
- Answers phones, refers calls, gives standard information in response to phone, email, and in-person inquiries about the work of Prevention Services and Community Relations and requests for presentations.
- Copies and collates documents; sorts and distributes mail; processes orders with the county print shop.
- Maintains files, distributes reports, performs typing, maintains spreadsheets, updates online event calendars, and processes transactions into systems.
- Inventories, receives, and shelves routine supplies such as mental health brochures and suicide prevention information; reviews invoices/packing slips to ensure shipment is correct.
- Assists in planning and working events such as Recovery Conference, Youth Leadership Summit, and Client Forums.
- Greets visitors and maintains/administers appropriate safety procedures in secured environments.
High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Two years of office support work and an intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office programs preferred.
Johnson County Government requires reference/background screening for all positions. Specified criteria may vary by Department/Agency.
Physical, Environmental, and Special Working Conditions:
This position frequently is required to lift boxes of event supplies.
All County employees may be called upon to assist other departments/agencies in a declared emergency situation.