New job State & Local Government - Managing Consultant in Massachusetts
State & Local Government - Managing Consultant
Company : Guidehouse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
- Minimum Years of Experience: 6-10
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
- 6-10 years of Management Consulting experience driving work product strategy, design, quality control and delivery; owning client relationships and addressing needs; and leading teams and providing coaching and feedback for development
- Has successfully managed teams of 3 – 6 resources on a variety of client engagements; managed staffing structure and changes as needed so that the team has the capability, competence and time to perform the engagement/project in accordance with high quality standards; supports the rapid assimilation of team members to engagements
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success with key facets of state and local government, including the following:
- Sub-verticals to include education, housing, transportation, and/or Administration;
- Functional areas to include strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers; and,
- Core management consulting skills such as project management, financial modeling, operational modeling, and stakeholder management.
- Defines and manages project, e.g., resource requirements and project workflow, etc., to meet engagement/ project objectives and budget, and demonstrates knowledge of risk management
- Ability to think strategically to deliver customized and innovative solutions to the client
- Ability to deliver high-quality work products under tight time constraints
- Experience successfully demonstrating flexibility with changing customer requirements, needs and operating environments
- Proven experience developing professional rapport with clients and has been recognized and respected by client as knowledgeable, valued professional
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate an ability to:
- Communicate a value proposition; issue, action, impact.
- Modify content and delivery of communications depending on audience (including preparing complex written documents and presentation in clear and concise manner)
- Interact effectively with target audience to build consensus or agreement on difficult issues, e.g., proposed changes in operating procedures or culture
- Effectively listen, using paraphrasing and other techniques that contribute to deeper understanding
- Speak to leadership groups with ease, conveying a strong presence
Strong familiarity with the government acquisition process and business development practices within consulting (identified and tracked proposed RFPs, led proposals, cultivated new work with existing clients)
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program