New job Safety Manager in Maine
Company : CRH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maine
Job ID: 278204
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
Responsible for managing the facility’s overall safety performance and compliance through various safety, health, and training activities driving towards a culture of ZERO HARM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure full compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety regulations.
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial incidents.
- Work closely with the local HR Representative, Corporate EH&S staff and insurance company to manage all workers compensation claims.
- Maintain company’s incident database and ensure monthly safety audit is completed.
- Maintain all other safety related records such as waste records in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company requirements.
- Coordinate outside services such as alarm, fire, and safety supplies.
- Ensure all safety binders, including the SDS binder, are kept up to date and readable.
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve the facility’s safety program to achieve and maintain a zero-harm goal.
- Randomly observe department audits and GEMBA walks to assure they are conducted with rigor and intensity.
- Research and implement new safety activities to keep the safety program current and effective.
- Ensure all new hire and annual safety training are completed and documented in the database.
- Manage and conduct all employee safety orientations, certifications, industrial hygiene testing, classroom training, and practical hands-on plant floor training.
- Manage and conduct outside contractor training and emergency action plan training.
- Participate in company safety committee and oversee plant-safety project work teams.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Safety Manager position, the following conditions must be met:
- Bachelor degree in Safety & Health field or relevant work experience equivalent to a degree
- Minimum 2 years safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of all current government safety regulations (i.e., OSHA), workers’ compensation, emergency response planning & procedures, first aid, CPR, ergonomics and industrial hygiene
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and math aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work and deliveries
- Previous computer experience recommended
- Strong background in building relationships
What CRH Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Sigco, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.