New job Public Address Announcer in North Carolina
Public Address Announcer
Company : Gastonia Honey Hunters
Salary : $9 an hour
Location : North Carolina
The Gastonia Honey Hunters are the newest, most exciting team in Atlantic League Professional Baseball, playing their inaugural baseball season in 2021 at FUSE District Ballpark in Downtown Gastonia, a.k.a. #HoneyHuntersCountry! Gastonia is seeking a Public Address Announcer local to the Gastonia, NC area to become “the voice of the Honey Hunters” for our fans.
- Act as one of two hosts for all incoming fans at FUSE District Ballpark, partnering with the Chief FUN Officer to create a safe, wholesome, family-friendly, all-inclusive environment of FUN.
- Make live announcements over the FUSE District Ballpark sound system including but not limited to safety information, directional information, merchandise features, concession updates (e.g., “last call”), upcoming events, starting lineups, player and umpire names, and any and all sponsored messaging.
- Introduce live segments, sponsored and unsponsored, and hand off to the Chief FUN Officer or Honey Hunters staff member on the field as requested.
- Follow the rundown that is provided by the Manager and read not only prepared messages but also as-it-happens live messaging, including but not limited to parking/car notifications, guest services requests, birthday announcements, weather/emergency announcements and more.
- Provide light play-by-play on a situational basis during the game and provide scoring updates each half inning to update fans.
- Introduce live pre-game segments: special guests and dignitary introductions, specially recognized fans, ceremonial first pitches, National Anthem performances, and more.
- Deliver all relevant post-game messages to get fans excited for the next Honey Hunters home game and/or live event at FUSE District Ballpark.
- Report for pre-game setup and production meetings and plan to work approximately five hours every Honey Hunters home game. Hourly commitments may vary depending on weather conditions, game results and other schedule adjustments as announced by the organization.
- Must know the game of baseball and understand live baseball production responsibilities.
- Availability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays for 70 Honey Hunters home games plus additional community and/or private events at FUSE District Ballpark.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Previous announcing experience in live sporting events or broadcasts is highly encouraged.
- Must always represent the Gastonia Honey Hunters organization in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail and a positive attitude at all times are required.
DIRECT REPORT(S): Executive Producer, Promotions Manager
SCHEDULE: 2021 Honey Hunters home game schedule plus additional City of Gastonia events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.