New job Probation Officer in Illinois
Company : McHenry County Government Center
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Illinois
Generally, supervise adult and/or juvenile clients who are either awaiting disposition of misdemeanor and felony matters or who have been sentenced to community based supervision and reside within the jurisdiction of the 22nd Judicial Circuit. Officers are also responsible for supervising and facilitating Intrastate and Interstate cases. Conduct and file investigations, including Pre-Sentence Investigations, Juvenile Social Histories and any other investigations ordered by the Court.
- Conduct intake and supervision for all probation cases assigned in accordance with operational standards as published by the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts, Probation Division as well as the policies and procedures of the Department of Court Services.
- Utilize an approved risk assessment tool and work in conjunction with the offender under the direction of a supervisor to develop case management plans.
- Maintain the official case record and report to the Court information about client progress through regular monitoring, substance testing, and treatment and counseling reports.
- Visit clients, their families, and other related parties, at home, at work, at treatment facilities, in detention/county jail, and other approved locations throughout the community.
- Investigate and report alleged violations of probation and testify to such in Court as needed.
- Direct and refer probationers to appropriate community resources.
- Attend court hearings, testify in court, and prepare written reports for the court.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree from an academically accredited college or university; preferably in criminal justice or social services.
- Previous experience in probation or social work is preferable.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Any sworn staff/probation officer employed by the Department of Court Services and Probation shall be a citizen of the United States and be a resident of the State of Illinois within 90 days, as established by the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts, of the date of appointment.
- Certified for employment pursuant to the Illinois Probation Officers Act by the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC). Link to AOIC Website for employment application: http://www.state.il.us/court/Administrative/forms/Probation/Employment/
McHenry County offers an excellent benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance, IMRF Pension Plan, Deferred Compensation Plan through Nationwide Retirement Solutions, Roth 457(B), Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and Holidays.
*The deadline to apply for this position is May 14, 2021. Please include a resume and cover letter addressed to Seth Krause, Director of Court Services and Probation.*
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer.