New job IG Credit Private Placement in Pennsylvania
IG Credit Private Placement
Company : Standard Life Aberdeen
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Pennsylvania
Standard Life Aberdeen plc is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.
Our strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organization, with the current and future needs of our stakeholders at the heart of all we do.
Standard Life Aberdeen plc is one of the world’s largest investment companies, created in 2017 from the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. Operating under the brand Aberdeen Standard Investments, the investment arm manages £511.8bn of assets (as of 12/31/20), making us the largest active manager in the UK and the second largest in Europe. It has a significant global presence and the scale and expertise to help clients meet their investment goals.
As a leading global asset manager, Aberdeen Standard Investments is dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. The investment needs of our clients are at the heart of what we do. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, as well as the very highest level of service and support.
With significant global fixed income assets under management and a diverse client base, we are one of the largest fixed income managers in Europe along with strong local presence in North America and Asia. Having grown and diversified over the years, we are in a strong position to offer clients a wide range of global fixed income capabilities to suit differing client needs. Our Private Debt capabilities have expanded over the last 5-6 years and our AUM is now circa $4 billion. We and our clients have a strategic ambition to grow US private debt assets.
- Act as a lead for USD private placement transactions for both non-US and US clients and integrate into existing UK private placement structure
- Originate and underwrite suitable IG private placements and other private debt transactions
- Work with clients regarding the different assets within their portfolios
- Develop and introduce new underwriting and rating methodologies where required
- Conduct credit analysis and be comfortable in reviewing and summarizing transaction details
- Use sector based knowledge of public market US research analyst team
- Conduct Credit Research for new transactions across the USD Placement market (initial focus likely on Utilities and Municipal infrastructure deals)
- Both present to credit committees and attend different credit committees on different private debt transactions
- Originate new assets for private debt clients
- Help to develop new Internal Credit Rating methodologies
- Build effective working relationships with, the US research team, the US muni team and the rest of the UK private debt teams (including attending credit committees) as well as with external clients on an as needed basis
- Carry out detailed analysis of sophisticated cash flow model(s) and pricing model including building forward looking financial models
- Attend meetings with borrowers and advisers to efficiently progress origination and transaction execution
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the credit analysts (public and private) and portfolio managers to ensure the successful delivery of new lending opportunities
- 5-10 years of US private market experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental company analysis and different markets, structures, and, financing
- Experience in the Utilities and Municipal industries a plus, but not required
- Experience of sourcing; and underwriting complex and private debt truncations for clients
- Ability to shepherd deal from initial conversation with syndicate to deal funding
- Understanding (or exhibit a strong willingness to learn) different client requirements including the solvency 2 requirements of insurance clients
- The ability to work on a diverse range of different credit risks and credit instruments
- Good understanding/experience of interpreting legal documents/covenants useful but not required
- Strong Excel skills
- Occasional travel among US offices (Philadelphia, Boston and New York) and UK offices (London and Edinburgh).
In addition, the successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills complimented with willingness to take ownership and the ability to think analytically. Planning, organization and presentation skills are vitally important, as is accuracy and numeracy. They will be a self-motivated team-player, who draws on a tendency to collaborate to achieve results.
In return for dedication and commitment, Aberdeen Standard Investments are able to offer long and exciting careers. The position is based in New York or Philadelphia.
For more information, or to make an application, please visit www.aberdeenstandard.com/careers
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome inquiries from everyone.
When you join ASI, you will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package that invests in each employee’s financial future, health and well-being. We offer a range of benefits to meet your family’s needs and employees are immediately eligible to begin participating. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
What we offer:
Best in class Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with well-known carriers; Telehealth and Health Concierge services
Health, Dependent and Commuter Flexible Spending Plans
Employer provided Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Short Term and Long Term disability with additional optional coverage options
Investing for your Future - 401(k) Retirement Savings plan with top notch company Profit Sharing contribution which is immediately vested!
Generous time off starting day one with 4+ weeks annual vacation plus 9 paid holidays
Paid Parental, Adoption, and Family Sick/Caregiver leave programs
Volunteer Days and Study Time to focus on what is important to you!
Make a donation to your favorite Charity and ASI will match up to $500 per year!
Employee Assistance, Travel and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities.
Flexible, voluntary benefits including Accident Insurance, Identity Protection, and Legal Assistance
Wellness program including Nutritional Counseling and Gym Membership Reimbursements
How we create value
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stakeholders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about our values here.
Our Inclusive Culture
We are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means we’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
Aberdeen Standard Investments is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.