New job Facility EH&S Specialist in Missouri
Facility EH&S Specialist
Company : Altec Industries, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Missouri
Why Join Altec?
Altec is looking for Facility EH&S Specialist to join the team in St. Joseph, MO! This person will ensure the facility complies with all current environmental and safety regulations, as well as work to develop, implement, monitor, and monitor environmental and safety programs, policies, and procedures.
Building on over 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in Occupational and Safety, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering preferred
- High School diploma required
- 4 years Environmental & Safety experience at an Altec facility in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum one year of experience in Occupational Safety and environmental regulations experience at a local, state, or federal agency preferred
Basic S&H Principles – Experience must include understanding of the following:
- Basic application of regulatory standards (OSHA or DOT) - OHSA 30 hours training
- Application of simple hazard assessments (e.g. JHA/JSA)
- Basic Hazard recognition skills (e.g. Guarding, slips, etc.)
- Simple problem solving abilities (e.g. job and/or gap analysis, etc.)
- Root Cause Analysis - Participate in 5 whys, cause mapping
- Continuous Improvement at an individual level (e.g. Housekeeping, procedure, etc.)
- Operational Knowledge
- Basic IH Knowledge
- Maintains compliance with Air Emission Program, Emission Tracking, and reporting requirements
- Assists in permitting for Air, Storm Water, and Waste registrations
- Coordinates and conducts Waste and Storm Water sampling and conducts monthly and bi-weekly storm water audits
- Conducts environmental and safety training and education programs and demonstrates the use of safety equipment
- Serves as the assistant Primary Emergency Response Coordinator and Assistant Spill Team Leader for HAZWOPER certified responders at the facility
- Maintains the MSDS database at the facility
- Coordinates the maintenance of the spill response equipment and countermeasures at the facility
- Coordinates and communicates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances and manages the Hazardous Waste Program.
- Conducts Hazardous Waste, Storm Water, and SPCC Audits, per Altec programs and policies
- Serves as primary contact person with EPA and OSHA regulatory agencies.
- Involved in accident investigations
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s)
- Maintains all Environmental and Safety Governmental records
- Manages and administers the Altec APSMS system the online (ACMIS) MSDS records for the facility
- Manages DOT Drug Testing for the facility
- Leads and coordinates Environmental and Safety Compliance and Worker’s Compensation RCI events
- Participates in environmental and safety orientation and training for new associates
- Develops & maintains industrial hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys
- Develops and maintains medical monitoring programs for associates
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Completes and files all Environmental and Safety regulatory reports and submits required governmental reports for EPA and OSHA compliance
- Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Investigates health-related complaints and inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation & regulations
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials and wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure materials are handled properly
- Orders suspension of activities that pose potential exposure to workers' health, safety, and/or potential impact to the environment or ecosystems where the facility is located
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations
- Interfaces with the Corporate Environmental Manager and Corporate Safety Manager regarding implementation of the Corporate Environmental Program and Corporate Safety Program
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.