New job Emergency Management Specialist in Utah
Emergency Management Specialist
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $77,488 - $100,739 a year
Location : Utah
This is a Public Notice for positions being filled under the Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) for Domestic Defense Industrial Base Facilities and Major Range and Test Facilities Base, NDAA 1125 (a) and (c).
About the Position: Serves as Emergency Manager for the US Army Garrison. A Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating emergency response and programs on the installation.
- Organizes, plans, and coordinates various emergency response programs with Federal, state, and local entities.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with Federal, ,State, and local officials involved with various emergency action plans throughout the Garrison Area of responsibility.
- Serves as the installation focal point on policies and procedures governing mission assurance, protection, force protection to include law enforcement, antiterrorism and security.
- Briefs Federal, military, state, and local government agencies on installation plans, degree of involvement with these entities.
- Drafts exercise directive for all hazard scenarios or national emergency exercises. Develops and coordinates emergency exercises with installation staff and concerned Federal, state, and local government activities.
- Develops and coordinates emergency exercises with installation staff and concerned Federal, state, and local government activities.
- Develops, coordinates and executes garrison level exercises to test compliance and readiness in accordance with published Installation Protection plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0089 Emergency Management Specialist
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Designated Emergency Essential Position: This position is considered essential to support Army's mobilization and wartime mission during periods of increasing tension or mobilization.
- Selectee may be required to serve a 2-year probationary period.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience which included: Organizing, planning, and coordinating various emergency response programs with Federal, state, and local entities. Advises leadership and other emergency response program participants during emergency/contingency conditions dealing with issues such as Chemical, Biological and Nuclear incident response planning and prevention, terrorism, and/or other emergency issues; guiding crisis management planning and execution in the event of all hazards/threats affecting an organization; conducting emergency response training; developing and/or updating various organizational regulations, emergency response plans, in support of both national emergency and all-hazards disaster elements. Develops and coordinates emergency exercises with organization staff and concerned Federal, state, and local government. Develops and posts current information concerning actual or hypothetical floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, storms, and manmade disasters. This definition of specialized experience must have equivalent to the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
There is not substitution of education for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 12 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement..
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Relocation and/or Recruitment Incentives may be authorized/negotiated if in the best interest of the Government.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Basis for Rating: All applicants will be rated. All qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.