New job Associate User Experience Engineer in New Jersey
Associate User Experience Engineer
Company : Power Home Remodeling
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
Associate User Experience Engineer
Power is seeking an entry-level Associate User Experience Engineer to join our team. This engineer will have the ability to define how internal users will interact with our homegrown systems. We are looking for a collaborative UX engineer, who is passionate about creating phenomenal tools that people genuinely want to use.
What we do here
Fancy a unique work environment that is constantly pushing you to try something new? or perhaps stretch your skills by developing for an industry you’ve always wanted to improve?
At Power, we build our own application suite of products to run our entire business. We build complete solutions for finance, recruiting, sales, contact center, and even meeting software. These are just some of the areas you’ll get an opportunity to tackle.
We also design solutions for augmented reality in the home, satellite photo measurements and artificial intelligence suggestion engines.
We get to dip our toes in many different fascinating areas and solve unique challenging problems that would on their own, be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse built inside a remodeling company.
Our teams are distributed so we live and die by our ability to successfully collaborate. We communicate using our own slack-like chat client. We use our own handoff tools to support our User Experience team to create and collaborate with the development and business groups.
Like design systems? We also believe that a design system unites product teams around a common visual language, so we’ve built 2 open source projects to support this effort called Playbook. This role will be responsible for maintaining and growing Playbook.
The user experience team is a small diverse team made up of UX Designers and UX Engineers. We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
With a distributed group it’s important to connect in person, so we fly the whole team to Philadelphia 3 times a year for our week-long event called Create, which focuses on connecting and learning from each other and the business.
At Power we have all the upsides of a startup, move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but with the benefit of an established organization that is well funded and profitable.
The biggest perk of working at Power is that we have a small, talented team with a very large audience. This means you have the ability to make a huge impact on the product and the company while having really interesting and challenging problems to work on. We believe deeply in what we do and we're all in this to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
About the Job:
- Implement new styles, interactions, animations, and details to help deliver the perfect experience across our platform
- Work alongside fellow UX Engineers to maintain and grow our internal design system
- Collaborate closely with designers to assess the feasibility of new ideas and help drive innovative ideas forward
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes and proof-of-concepts to help validate new ideas internally and with users
- Research technical documentation, APIs, integration with 3rd party technologies etc. to confirm project requirements, expectations and specific details
- Should provide certification(s) or relevant GitHub project examples
- Experience with Sass and a sharp eye for implementing design details
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working with design systems
- Prototyping skills
Nice to have:
- Ruby on Rails
- React / React Native
- Git, Github
- ES6 / ES7
Salary and Benefits:
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary - We pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience.
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement.