New job Transportation Supervisor in Mississippi
Company : UNFI
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
Supervises daily Transportation activities and personnel for a specific shift to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores serviced through timely order deliveries.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience and/or formal training or education in transportation, preferably with the Company or in the grocery industry. Class A CDL, preferred.
- Possess thorough knowledge of material handling equipment and traffic management to include truck and rail deliveries.
- Must have a good working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to transportation.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications preferred. Working knowledge of the onboard computer system, helpful.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Most work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment. During part of the workday the incumbent may move about the Distribution Center including, the yard, garage and warehouse, potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between –20 to 70 degrees. Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance ranges for those specific work areas.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of the workday.
- Position responsibilities requires little travel (up to 2%) during the work week and occasional weekend travel
- Must be willing to be flexible on work hours and shifts. Operations are 7 day/24 hour, and holidays.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Routes and schedules loads for distribution to the store, utilizing personnel and equipment in the most efficient manner. Ensures that merchandise is delivered in the best possible condition.
- Coordinates with Warehouse personnel to ensure proper timing for delivery schedules.
- Assigns drivers to loads ensuring compliance with Company and DOT guidelines.
- Maintains good public relations with store management via telephone communications and store visits. Works with store personnel on special requests.
- Ensures all drivers comply with Company, Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Processes weekly/monthly DOT mileage report.
- Ensures compliance with Company and government rules and regulations by all department personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time