New job Transportation Services Supervisor II in North Dakota
Transportation Services Supervisor II
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : $800 a month
Location : North Dakota
Williston District, Watford City Section
If you are looking to make a difference and drive your success, you have come to the right place. North Dakota Department of Transportation’s mission is to safely move people and goods. We are looking for a candidate with a passion to help the citizens in our state. We offer rewarding work opportunities with a competitive employee benefits package including a fully paid family health insurance plan, paid leave, retirement plan options, flexible work schedules, infant at work program, tuition reimbursement and more!
NDDOT Starting Salary: $4,613 with up to a 5% increase after probation
- This position qualifies for a Regional Pay Differential payment of $800 per month.
The candidate selected for this position may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Summary of Work
Supervise Highway, Facility and Equipment Maintenance Activities:
- Maintain highways, facilities and equipment
- Respond to roadway emergencies
- Assign staff and equipment to projects
Roadway and Highway Maintenance:
- Operate and oversee the operation of equipment necessary to perform maintenance duties.
- Assist in the installation, inspection and repair of signs, guardrail and attenuation devices.
Supervision and Administrative Duties:
- Assist in interviewing and hiring of staff.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities.
- Conduct safety and EEO sessions.
- Handle employee personnel issues.
Coordinate Activities with Local Communities and Law Enforcement Officials:
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Respond to public inquiries.
- Participate in Be Smart Programs in schools & other local community activities.
- Coordinate construction and repairs with local communities.
- Provide assistance to construction when needed.
- Provide input and assist District Engineer with highway construction project priorities.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. An employee, not already in a safety-sensitive position, who is selected for the position, but before being hired, will be required to satisfactorily complete a drug test. In addition, all employees applying for this position must sign the Drug Testing Release form (SFN 50098) and the district office will contact current and previous employers (within past two years).
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and five years of highway related maintenance, construction, or transportation services work experience.
- Lead work or supervision of staff.
- College level course work in engineering, heavy equipment operation, highway maintenance, or closely related field may substitute for the work experience requirement on a year-for-year basis up to three years.
- Valid Class A drivers license with air brakes and cargo-tanker endorsement the first day of work.
- Requires work after hours, on weekends, and holidays during emergency events. Will be at times required to report to work within 30 minutes during emergency or storm situations.
- During the winter months, this position may require supervision of the evening shift.
- Previous experience in safely operating equipment such as tractors with attachments, farm trucks, etc. preferred.
Employment of the selected candidate will be contingent on satisfactorily completing the interview process and the required drug test, medical screening, reference check and driving records check.
Submit an application at www.nd.gov/careers by 11:59 P.M. CST on the closing date. Application materials must clearly explain how experience and education relate to the minimum qualifications and job duties. Applicants who experience difficulties during the application process should contact email@example.com or 701.328.3290.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact Denise Osmond, Recruitment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.328.4358. Learn more about NDDOT at https://www.dot.nd.gov/.
TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888.
NDDOT does not provide sponsorships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.