New job Telephone Interviewer in Illinois
Company : NORC at the University of Chicago
Salary : $14.00 - $14.50 an hour
Location : Illinois
NORC is looking to hire friendly and personable individuals as Telephone Interviewers who can reach out by phone to people around the world. NORC is recruiting employees to work from home (WFH) after completing onsite training in our call center. .
- Excellent pay: Excellent starting wage of $14.00 and $14.50 for Spanish/English bilingual interviewers.
- Flexible hours: Work between 24 to 28 hours per week by selecting from available day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Interesting and meaningful work: Conduct social science research in the public interest
- Paid orientation and training which will be conducted 8am to 3pm over 6 days.
- Possibilities for promotion and pay increase within the first nine months and then again every six months
- Opportunities for advancement
As part of the phone interviewer team, you will be primarily responsible for screening and interviewing survey respondents over the telephone for groundbreaking studies on issues like health care, education, and more. The data we gather provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society. NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution affiliated with the University of Chicago with over 75 years of success.
Successful interviewers are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work. Some of our employees include college students, customer service professionals, teachers, retirees or others looking for a second job. Spanish bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in working from home after training which may include a brief period of dialing onsite, NORC will provide computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) equipment but you must provide the following:
- Stable high speed internet connection required.
- Dedicated access to a cell phone and ability to turn off notifications or incoming calls during work times.
- Quiet, private place to conduct interviews.
Join us as an hourly telephone interviewer. Our staff has flexible hours and excellent starting wages with possibilities of promotion and pay increase within the first nine months.
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM and Wichita, KS.
- Must be a self-motivated individual of at least 18 years of age that can adhere to work schedule.
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone headset, dial telephone numbers, use a computer keyboard and read a script off of a standard-size computer monitor for up to four (4) hours continuously.
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required.
- Ability to follow all standard operating and project-related procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience interviewing residential households or businesses by telephone preferred.
- All employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation).
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: April 12, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: