New job Sr. Event and Office Specialist, Blue Zones Project in Georgia
Sr. Event and Office Specialist, Blue Zones Project
Company : Sharecare Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Georgia
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people - no matter where they are in their health journey - unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
Brought to Mendocino County with sponsorship by Adventist Health in collaboration with Blue Zones, LLC and Sharecare, Inc., Blue Zones Project is a community-by-community well-being improvement initiative designed to enable community members to live longer, happier lives with lower rates of chronic diseases and a higher quality of life.
Blue Zones Project is rooted in lessons learned from the world's longest-lived cultures. We translate these lessons into sustainable environmental changes that strengthen social ties, reshape the places where people spend their time, and sharpen policies to support healthy choices.
If you are driven to make a difference; If you enjoy interacting with people and are passionate about improving the well-being of others; If you thrive while collaborating with a strong, results-driven team and enjoy challenging yourself and others to find creative solutions, join us!
Be part of a team that's bringing innovative leaders together from across the community to lead and ignite a movement to improve well-being on a significant scale - a movement that promises to help your friends, family, and neighbors in Mendocino County live longer, better.
By engaging a critical mass of individuals and organizations to participate - from worksites and schools to restaurants and grocery stores - the small changes contribute to huge benefits: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life. For more information regarding Blue Zones Project please visit https://www.bluezonesproject.com/.
The Sr. Event and Office Specialist is responsible for the execution of the local Blue Zones Project engagement events, volunteer oversights and general office support. This person will manage event planning, design and production within time and budget limits. This person will develop strategies to maximize the participation and engagement of individuals and organizations in Blue Zones Project events and activities while representing stakeholder brands in a positive light. This role is responsible for leading partnerships with volunteer organizations, overseeing volunteer recruitment and training, and coaching other volunteer specialists. This role with oversee the strategic initiatives that culminate in meeting established deadlines. Development and management of the committee lists, tracking sheets and project overview platforms will be managed by this role. This person will undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. This role will create and manage the project calendar, as well as facilitate ensuring all items needed for successful meetings are available. This person is an integral part in ensuring that the office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, volunteers and stakeholders during event planning
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff on how to properly executing them
- Build and adhere to an event budget
- Track and report event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to support the project
- Nurture partnerships with existing volunteer clearinghouses and coordinators in other organizations to identify areas for collaboration
- Hubspot - Emails, Blogs, Landing Pages, Forms / RSVPs
- Social Media accounts - Facebook, Instagram, Other
- Coordinate requests for marketing materials
- Write press releases
- Submit press releases and media advisories as needed
- Manage team event calendars and reporting
- Manage meetings (calendar requests) as needed
- Support other staff with various administrative tasks
- Develop and follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain files and records within digital collaboration systems
- 3 + years of event planning, managing volunteers and/or committees, and office coordination.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, hospitality management, marketing or related areas; experience in lieu of education also considered.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Specific Skills/ Attributes:
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong relationship building skills; capable of working with internal and external teams and partners.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events.
- Familiarity with event registration software.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and manages time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment but remain appropriately detail-oriented.
- Ability multi-task and deliver under pressure from various stakeholders.
- Track record of leveraging diverse resources, including volunteers to achieve project goals
- Compelling verbal and written communications skills as it relates to inspiring volunteers to participate.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Creative, inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible.
- Energized by Blue Zones Project mission.