New job Software Engineer - Intern in San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Intern
Company : Orbital Sidekick
Salary : Details not provided
Location : San Francisco, CA
Space is in our DNA. Satellites are ideal platforms to monitor the planet, be it discovering new resources, protecting and monitoring vital infrastructure assets or providing solutions to improve industrial efficiencies. Orbital Sidekick combines and harnesses the power of hardware and software platforms to deliver the ultimate monitoring solution.
- Build a portion of our hyperspectral image data pipeline
- Gather detailed requirements from stakeholders
- Architect, design and code the project
- Write detailed documentation for all steps of the project
- Enrolled in and completed second year in a computer science or related degree program
- Experience building systems with Python
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Practical experience with hyperspectral imagery, satellite communications, and cloud-based data processing applications
- Collaboration with a skilled team of software engineers
- Working on meaningful projects while developing workplace etiquette
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital Sidekick is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Orbital Sidekick is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Job Type: Internship