New job Research Investment Associate, Hedge Funds in Massachusetts
Research Investment Associate, Hedge Funds
Company : Cambridge Associates LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
CAREERS THAT CHANGE THE WORLD
Cambridge Associates believes our clients come first.
Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. We lock arms with them to meet and exceed their investment objectives, so they can change the world.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours.
We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At CA, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority.
- We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work.
Cambridge Associates believes we do our best when you do your best.
At CA, we are only as successful as you are. We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower you to succeed. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
But enough about us. Tell us about YOU
- Are you a bold individual seeking an opportunity to contribute to a value-based, collaborative environment in some of the most exciting cities around the globe?
- Are you eager to work for an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Do you strive to work in an environment that encourages innovation and teamwork?
- Are you a thought leader who cares about making a difference in the world while contributing to an amazing culture?
- Do you value a challenging professional opportunity where you can leverage your skills, gain a valuable foundational in finance and investment, and build a long-term career development plan?
- Are you seeking a competitive salary a robust and comprehensive benefits program, and a variety of attractive benefits and perks?
- Do you excel at: research, analysis, and problem solving?
The Hedge Fund Research group gathers, analyzes, and disseminates information and opinions on hedge funds for use by our investment teams and clients. A wide array of hedge fund strategies are covered including long/short equities, event-driven, discretionary macro and managed futures. The Investment Associate is a key member of this highly collaborative group and participates in all aspects of the research process. The role will focus on diversifying strategies such as global macro, managed futures and quantitative equities.
Investment Associates complete an in depth training program and receive ongoing training and mentorship from senior Research and Client Investment Directors. Because deep knowledge and experience are important for maximizing an IA’s time at C|A, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with our Research Team for at least 3-4 years.
- Aid senior team members in developing house opinions on hedge fund managers and markets through ongoing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Complete written research utilized by our clients and consultants to support investment decisions. This includes concise commentaries summarizing meetings with fund managers, in depth due diligence reports, and other periodic research including white papers exploring current topics of interest in the hedge fund industry.
- Utilize common analytical frameworks and develop unique analyses to assess hedge funds in terms of organization, investment strategy, performance, liquidity, fund terms, current portfolio positions, and other key attributes.
- Perform attribution analysis and prepare risk exposure reports
- Help source new ideas and monitor existing managers by attending and participating in meetings with hedge fund portfolio managers and other senior personnel.
- Work on special projects that enhance Cambridge Associates’ knowledge of various security types and the ever-changing landscape of alternative investment strategies.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
- Prepare performance exhibits and capital markets exhibits for monthly Hedge Fund Research meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of achievement. Economics/ Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Political Science and other similar majors preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated interest in investments and financial markets.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity and initiative.
- Demonstrated command of written communication and strong business writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with internal and external parties, including senior investment managers and references.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines.
- Must be eligible to work without restriction in the US.
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration
Want to learn more?
Click HERE to learn more about how Cambridge Associates lives our firm values every day.
Click HERE to learn more about Cambridge Associates invests in diversity and inclusion.
Click HERE to learn more about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.