New job Quality Assurance Specialist in Alabama
Quality Assurance Specialist
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $78,328 - $104,791 a year
Location : Alabama
See below for important information regarding this job.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- Ensuring contractor compliance with all requirements related to the design, manufacturing, repair, overhaul, and modernization of a variety of items for contractor and customer activities throughout the world.
- Applying a wide range of methods, principles, and practices directly related to the quality control/quality assurance fields (i.e. statistical analysis, control and sampling, quality data analysis and evaluation to determine contractor compliance).
- Incorporating a thorough and detailed QA knowledge in applying various methods and techniques for investigating, analyzing, and ensuring corrective action on complex quality problems.
- Developing and implementing a surveillance plan which begins with clear objectives supported by a master schedule that includes identification of contractor and sub-contractor production needs.
- Performing audits/surveillance of contractor?s processes to ensure customer and contractual requirements are met.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
1910 Quality Assurance
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Security Requirements: Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
QualificationsTo qualify for a Quality Assurance Specialist, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify for the NH-03 level, specialized experience must be at the NH-02 or GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Applying the full range of principles, concepts, and methodologies related to the quality assurance functional programs.
- Establishing process measurement points and statistical techniques/methods to measure, analyze, and continuously improve processes.
- Applying process-related practices, methods, and techniques such as statistical analysis; control and sampling; process proofing; and quality data analysis, in order to evaluate Government and contractor data and determine contractor compliance with the many aspects of quality control.
- Performing investigations of defective material for cause and corrective action and initiate process improvements with the contractor as needed.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- FLSA: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: No
- Selectee may be required to serve a trial/probationary period.
- Recruitment/Relocation/Retention Incentive may be authorized at Management's discretion.
- Financial Disclosure Required
- Acquisition, Technology & Logistics(AT&L) NON-CAP: This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level II certification in the Production, Quality and Manufacturing Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Manufacturing Process Control
- Oral Communication
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility and/or score.
Once the application process is complete, a manual review of your resume and supporting documentation will occur to determine if you are eligible and among the best qualified as determined by the predetermined cutoff score. Your score is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (e.g., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
PLEASE REVIEW THE BELOW LINK FOR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS needed for proof of eligibility: https://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/DoDGenAppInfo%2012-1-2020.pdf?ver=ECNbdsHtGilTd3OENN4A0Q%3d%3d
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further:
1. Your resume: May be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. If it includes a photograph, hypertext/hyperlinks, or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation. For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- For current Federal Employee:
- You must provide SF-50, or other equivalent official "Notification of Personnel Action" (Note: Request for Personnel Action (SF-52) and Award actions are not acceptable)
- For Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You must provide a signed Military Spouse PPP Self-certification Checklist, PCS orders/verification of duty location assignment, a copy of marriage certificate or license and documents as listed on the Military Spouse PPP Self-certification Checklist.
- For Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at a score of 85 or higher for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. Additional information may also be found at the General Information and Definitions link.
- For Current/Former Military Members:
- Disabled Veterans: You are required to submit a letter from the Department of Veteran's Affairs certifying your overall service connected disability percentage AND character of service.
- Future Military Retirees: Military retirees seeking t enter federal service in the Department of Defense require a waiver if appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement. You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD-214 (which indicates character of service), OR certification document, OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).
- Future Separating from the Military: Yu are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD-214 (which indicates character of service), OR certification document, OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces. A "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
- For current Federal Employee:
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Clarification from the agency
Agency means current permanent Federal employees. Veterans eligibilities include Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.