New job PROJECT OFFICER in Michigan
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $85,087 - $131,533 a year
Location : Michigan
About the Position: The Program Executive Office, Ground Combat Systems (PEO GCS) is responsible for providing world-class affordable, relevant and sustainable ground combat vehicles to Joint Warfighters. With a focus on developing current and future systems, PEO GCS is leading the production and management of all combat vehicles for the Army.
- Serves as Project Officer to the Assistant Program Executive Officer (APEO) or within a Project Management (PM) section for PEO GCS.
- Responsible for developing, gathering, coordinating and analyzing data; developing plans, reports, documents, and briefings in support of the acquisition process
- Provides advice to the PEO, DPEO, APEOs, and PM's management and supervisory personnel on a variety of administrative and support services.
- Evaluates overall work accomplishment of the support staff and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Uses project planning software to establish milestone schedules and develop plans for events and execution of project activities.
- Prepares and presents briefings in support major staff actions and events.
- Determines appropriate distribution, validation, and tracking of all suspenses and related actions from both the PM/PEO and external agencies.
- Gathers information, identifies stakeholders, conducts analysis, and prepares coordinated responses on behalf of the APEO/PM.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on DoD, Army, PEO and PM policy and statutes, directives, and regulations.
- Conducts or participates in special studies and/or projects to develop data and information required for reporting purposes, and prepares administrative reports.
- Independently develops plans of action and recommends solutions to program/administrative problems.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Administrative Assistants, Executive
- Assistants, Executive
- Executive Administrative Assistants
- Executive Assistants
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance for the duration of employment.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel away from your permanent duty station requirement of up to 25% of the time.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field - (A) Program Management within 24 months for entrance on duty.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
All Current Federal Employees MUST attach a current SF-50 for consideration. Without a SF-50, your application will be considered incomplete.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: In order to qualify based on experience your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience at the NH-02 (GS-11 or equivalent) level in the Federal Service that includes the ability to: 1. Gather and analyze data to develop plans, reports, documents, and briefings in support of the acquisition process; 2. Track organizational tasks and actions to provide analyses and recommendations on various one-of-a-kind and recurring projects/programs; 3. Review directives, standard operating procedures, reports, briefings, or staff/talking papers to develop documentation and correspondence; 4. Recommend improvements on the use and effectiveness of various management systems and procedures to ensure organizational goals are met; and 5. Provide advice to management and/or supervisory personnel on a variety of administrative and support services to solve problems and improve operations.
The definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 or (GS-11 equivalent).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Operations Support
- Project Management
- Technical Problem Solving
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- The referral list(s) generated from this announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies throughout PEO GCS and PEO CS&CSS at locations both in Warren, MI and Selfridge ANG Base.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position may be filled by temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, or temporary change to lower grade not to exceed five years but a current Army employee. Position may be made in one year increments for up to five years and may be converted to permanent without further competition.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field- (A) Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx).
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for a Secret Security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed be approved if eligible under specific conditions.
- This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.