New job Private Investigator, Part Time in Indianapolis, IN 46201
Private Investigator, Part Time
Company : Meridian Investigative Group, Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Indianapolis, IN 46201
Conduct various types of investigations and covert field surveillance, with an emphasis on insurance fraud and insurance claims.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct covert field surveillance via both stationary and mobile surveillance.
- Obtaining professional quality video and photographic documentation of subjects.
- Investigates Insurance Claims.
- Develops investigative plan of action.
- Prepares and files detailed investigative reports.
- Prepares written and recorded Statements.
- Processes evidence, prepares court cases, and provides legal testimony.
- Conducts in-person interviews.
- Conducts court, public, and private records review
- Writes comprehensive investigative reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years experience working as a licensed private investigator, in workers compensation and insurance liability investigations.
- 2-year college degree (criminal justice degree preferred) or equivalent law enforcement, military, or insurance experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Possess a reliable vehicle, valid State-Issued Driver's License, and digital video camera.
- Strong computer and Internet skills, lap top computer with Windows, Microsoft Word, and wireless Internet connection capabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to conduct surveillance assignments for insurance claim defense cases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to provide legal depositions and testimony.
- Ability to gather and organize evidence.
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possess or able to obtain Private Investigator license in the state where work is performed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- As an hourly, non-exempt status employee your job may require extend work hours, and significant work travel. This includes occasional overnight travel, weekend and/or evening work, and working on holidays.
- Work involves individuals to stay sitting/sedentary for long periods of time
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, exposure to the sun, and various days and hours of scheduled work.
BENEFITS FOR PT EMPLOYEES:
- Weekly Pay
- Weekly Expense Reimbursement
- Paid Travel Time
- Vehicle Allowance
- Fuel Reimbursement
- Cellphone Reimbursement
- Report Writing Pay
- Break-Off Time Pay
- Per Diem
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements and may change as determined by the needs of the company.