New job PHARMACY RESIDENT-PGY1 in New Mexico
Company : Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Pharmacy Practice Residents are provided the opportunity to gain new knowledge and experience beyond entry-level professional competence in direct patient care, and in practice management of pharmacy. Residents acquire substantial knowledge for problem solving, improving clinical judgment, advancing communication skills, developing leadership skills, and strengthening professional values during the residency Responsibilities:
- Successfully completes residency goals and objectives in the areas of practice foundation skills, direct patient care, drug information and drug policy development and practice management.
- Acquires the skills and knowledge to independently manage drug therapy.
- Ensures involvement in pharmacy profession.
- Becomes an active member of pharmacy and other health care teams.
- Develops skills in critical and analytical thinking.
- Educates patients and health care professionals.
- Develops marketable practice skills.
- Adheres to the Department Compliance Plan for Controlled substances.Other information:
- Bachelor Degree
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.