New job Office Specialist in Oregon
Company : Employment Department
Salary : $2,638 - $3,508 a month
Location : Oregon
Initial Posting Date:04/23/2021
Salary Range:$2,638 - $3,508
Position Title:Office Specialist 1
Do you have exceptional customer service skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities? Do you have e xcellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills? If so, please consider joining our team and apply today!
Every employee at the Employment Department is passionate about serving Oregonians and Oregon businesses. If you feel inspired and motivated by our mission, vision, and values, we invite you to join us in exceeding our customers’ expectations!
- Our mission: to support business and promote employment. We do this by providing stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment, by helping businesses find great workers and job seekers find employment, and by providing workforce and economic information to promote informed decision making.
- Our vision: an Oregon where meaningful work enables the state’s diverse people and businesses to realize their full potential, creating prosperity in every community.
- Our values: Integrity - We are trusted to keep our word, always acting with honesty and courage. Respect - We value diverse perspectives, assume good intent, and act with compassion. Community - We foster a sense of belonging for our employees, partners, and customers, creating positive impacts where we live and work.
What you will be doing!
As an Office Specialist 1, you will answer the Tax multiline phone system, and answer some calls and transfer the other calls based on the customer’s needs. You will also processes payroll reports and indexes tax documents, and process documents from various queues.
The Office Specialist 1 will perform receptionist duties by assisting external and internal customers calling Tax on our multi-line phone system. Process address change from employer requests and record warrant numbers in mainframe employer accounts. Post original reports, large adjustments, and blocked claims from the Data Entry queue. Batch quarterly payroll reports, tax documents and data entry of payroll reports.
What’s in it for you!
- A workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment, and encourages learning and mentoring.
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- A workplace that fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
What we are looking for !
- Teamwork: Display a willingness to help others, put forth effort to help others, stay calm in tense situations, and communicate openly and directly with other team members.
- Responsibility: Demonstrated responsibility for your own actions and a commitment to performing assigned tasks. Ability to comply with requirements regarding sensitive and confidential data.
- Thoroughness: Ability to be accurate; finding and correcting errors; and maintaining order in work and personal affairs.
- Willingness to Learn: Demonstrated ability of being open to new experiences, seeking both positive and negative feedback, looking back on past experiences and considering alternate courses of action, and finding patterns and order in complex information.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Ability to be comfortable with changing or uncertain environments. Ability to remain professional, calm and adapt communication style with diverse customer needs or customers that are frustrated, upset or critical.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge of computers; software including Microsoft Word and Excel; excellent verbal and written communication skills and accurate typing and data entry skills.
SHL Assessment- Important: In addition to your related work experience and education, candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be required to complete an online assessment to determine whom to interview. Please make sure the minimum qualifications you have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be evaluated on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
How to Apply :
- External Applicants : Click on the “Apply” link above to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date. Please use the name you want us to address you by. You can upload your resume and the system will parse your information into the application.
- Current State of Oregon employees (this includes temporary employees) OED/Statewide employees must apply through your employee Workday account.
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- Important : Please monitor both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment. You may be asked to submit additional information after initial application.
- This is a limited duration assignment currently funded through February, 2022 . Limited duration appointments are regular status and benefits eligible. This position may be extended beyond this date and/or have continued funding approved in the future.
- T his position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If the successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will reflect the additional 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details, or you may visit our website for information on Pay Equity.
Remote Work Information:
Candidates may be approved for temporary remote work until the current COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Remote work suitability is evaluated based on business needs at the time of hire. Remote work approval can be revoked at any time.
Candidates are expected to:
- Be able to report to one of the office locations listed in the job posting, as necessary.
- Demonstrate access to a broadband internet connection that meets or exceeds the minimum acceptable requirements; OED IT Services will provide the necessary hardware to employees who are approved for remote work.
- Have a private workspace.
- Maintain good standing (i.e. no performance or attendance issues).
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must complete the required Task that will be sent to your Workday account after successfully submitting your application. This Task will prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation. Please visit: Veterans Resources for additional information on required documentation.
Equity and Inclusion:
We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.
- View guidance our hiring managers use at the following website: View Equity and Inclusion Questions Used During Recruitments .
- Please read more about our Gender Identity and Expression Procedure !
Criminal Records Check:
The Employment Department is committed to being a leader in providing its employees with fair and equal employment opportunities and recognizes that as a best practice in equity and inclusion, criminal background check policies shall be job related and consistent with business necessity. The agency will only consider information from the past four years (starting from the date of the arrest) for nonviolent offenses and the past seven years for violent offenses when conducting its own criminal records checks pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 125-007-0200 through 125-007-0330. For positions with authorized access to FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) information, a separate criminal records check is conducted by the Oregon State Police. If you would like further information on how each criminal records check is conducted, please read our Criminal Records Check Policy or contact us at the number below with any questions.
Contact Information and Helpful Links:
- If you have questions about the job announcement or need an alternate format to apply, please contact us at 503-947-1289; OEDHR.OED_INFO_OEDHR@oregon.gov . Please be sure to include the job announcement number.
- Understanding the State Application Process: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
- Reasonable Accommodations: https://www.oregon.gov/employ/Agency/Pages/Reasonable-Accommodation.aspx
- Resources for Job Seekers: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/index.aspx