New job Network Administrator in Maryland
Company : Zenetex LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations nationwide. Our Security Business Division helps protect sensitive government program information across a spectrum of industrial security activities to include physical, document, personnel, and data systems. We have an immediate opportunity for a Network Administrator to support our government customer at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station located in Patuxent River, MD. In this position, you will be responsible for providing cybersecurity analysis and support, applying DoD security controls to Local Area Networks (LAN) and network devices.
The Network Administrator will utilize knowledge and experience with standard Information Assurance (IA) concepts, practices, and procedures to plan and accomplish goals pertaining to the enclave environment.
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer CISCO NXOS/IOS based devices in a LAN environment.
- Provide network connectivity and user account management for external networks.
- Maintain backups and system patching of network devices.
- Utilize network-monitoring tools in performing analytical and advisory functions related to network functionality.
- Assist with IA related repairs in the operating environment.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to devices and equipment.
- Assist IA staff in identifying system vulnerabilities and performing incident response.
- Configure VLANs of managed network devices for management, modeling and simulation networks.
- Perform Entry/Exit inspection of hardware and software.
- Configure, Optimize, and test network devices to ensure compliance with security policies, procedures, and technical requirements utilizing DISA SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC) tool & DISA STIGs.
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and take appropriate corrective and recovery action of network devices.
- Configure and integrate network (Switch / Router) devices to function in a virtualized environment with VMware vSphere and vCenter.
- Ensure SSH is configured to allow individual access to the component.
- Configure network for multicast/unicast routing/switching.
Possess as Cisco based certificate or certificate of training. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.