New job Media Center Library Technician (NUWC) in Rhode Island
Media Center Library Technician (NUWC)
Company : THOR Solutions, LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rhode Island
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a Media Center Library Technician to support a program at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. The library technician will provide direct support to the NUWCDIVNPT Code 15 Media Center, working closely with Government and contractor personnel. An ideal candidate will be extremely organized, be process minded, and have prior Navy/DoD experience with library or media center operations.
The candidate’s responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following actions:
- Providing general customer service functions including answering phones, emails, and walk-in customer inquiries.
- Ensuring physical security measures such as maintaining container access logs, conducting opening procedures and end-of-day security checks, and ensuring appropriate security credentials via badge checks.
Utilizing the Base Inventory Tracking System (BITs) tool to:
- Provide research/reference services related to both unclassified and classified/controlled information.
- Catalog, store, retrieve, and modify inventory data.
- Follow procedures for circulation services of all material check in and check out actions.
- Develop and submit inventory reports and POA&Ms.
- Compiling, maintaining, and submitting spreadsheets including inventory control, issues and discrepancies, access logs, and plan of action & milestones (POA&Ms). Providing analysis of metrics and related data.
- Providing media duplication, destruction, and transmittal services.
- Generating barcodes and affixing them to material using NMCI Bar Code Scanner Application Software. Conducting inventorying actions of all items using this software to benchmark inventory, update to reflect dates, and document discrepancies.
- Conducting regular inventory audit and tracking services to maintain collection integrity and verify positive control.
- Maintaining, updating, and implementing Code 15 Media Center standard operating procedures. Providing feedback on all Code 15 Media Center process improvement initiatives, including reporting technical software or hardware issues and recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinating demonstrations on Code 15 Media Center resources with customers and develop internal demonstrations and training materials for customers.
- Promoting a sense of conscientious custodianship of the Code 15 Media Center and its contents.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must currently possess an active Secret security clearance, and be able to maintain it for the duration of employment.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- An Associate’s degree or higher in a relevant field is preferred.
At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience with an inventory control profession such as media center, library, configuration management, or logistics.
- Experience gained in a Navy or DoD environment is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with BITs or a similar DoD inventory control, tracking, and reporting database tool is preferred.
- Prior experience working with classified material/media is preferred.
- More than proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, and other common productivity software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Prior experience in a customer service role is preferred.
- Demonstrates extremely high attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to multitask, self-prioritize, and proactively problem solve when non-standard situations arise.
Typical Physical Activity:
- This position’s essential functions typically include (but are not limited to): fingering/typing, hearing, lifting, sitting, talking, vision, and walking.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.