New job LEARNING SYSTEMS PROGRAM MANAGER in Alabama
LEARNING SYSTEMS PROGRAM MANAGER
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $102,273 - $172,500 a year
Location : Alabama
The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
This position provides program management and services for learning authoring systems that support the acquisition workforce.
Interact with both internal and external customers as well as various learning system and instructional technologies stakeholders including University leadership and faculty, Information Technology personnel, learning development/learning system support contractors, production managers, and instructional designers. In support of the Defense Acquisition University mission, works with multiple cross-functional groups on educational and organizational agendas, policies and curricula development. Engages in managing and/or supporting the various aspects of operations, integration
and implementation associated with the learning management systems and learning product development systems/tools, including the following types of responsibilities:
- Serve as a Program Manager for a learning authoring system(s):
- Lead and/or collaborate with government and contractor support teams associated with the development and delivery of learning products through the learning systems (e.g. help desks, other learning system program managers, faculty, learning product managers, etc.).
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day system operations, including associated contracts and licensing agreements.
- Analyze and evaluate contractor cost estimates and technical approaches and make recommendations on task orders.
- Develop and implement policies and business rules appropriate to DAU's online learning environment and adult learning community.
- Lead problem resolution by engaging in analysis and planning and minimize risk to system performance and customer experience.
- Recommend selection, maintenance, improvements and replacement of all types of system functionality for the learning management systems and associated systems.
- Coordinate with technical vendors and other non-DAU support personnel to ensure DAU receives timely and effective vendor support.
- Recommend infrastructure and application configuration improvements so that continuous growth in the number of users continues to be accommodated and the quality of the customer experience improves
- Elicits feedback from customers, peers and stakeholders to shape the content and delivery of learning assets with the goal of improving the customers' acquisition outcomes.
Occasional travel - Travel is generally 5% or less for this position
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
- Band Managers
- Development Managers
- Managers, All Other
- Managers, Band
- Managers, Development
- Managers, Training
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Public Trust Background Investigation
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Specialized Experience:
- Five years relevant work experience as program manager, training manager or similar
- Three years working with learning authoring systems and/or experience working with other educational learning applications at an enterprise scale
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and delivering systems training
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies with ability to implement technological solutions for support of same
- Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively with technical experts, subject matter experts, and learning platform managers
Significant experience with Learning Asset Authoring Systems from asset design and administrative capacities. Examples of authoring systems include Composica, Articulate 360, DominKnow, Camtasia, Kaltura, etc. Proficient in MS Office 365.
Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and have at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry.
Pay Band C: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 8 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov
- Initial appointment is made for a period of three years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of two years. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance
- Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Appropriate experts within the Defense Acquisition University will evaluate applications. Salary determination is based on the requirements of the position as well as the qualifications of the selected applicant as aligned with the evaluation criteria for each Pay Band.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: The latest resume submitted will be used to determine qualifications.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire
- Other Supporting Documents
- SF-50 - (If applicable) Notification of Personnel Action for current or former federal employees- with the exception of current permanent DAU employees, please provide your most recent SF50 or the SF50 reflecting Career/Career-Conditional tenure and the highest grade held on a permanent basis.
- Performance Appraisal: Current or previous federal employees.
- Other documents identified in the announcement.
- If you claim Veteran's Preference
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit a written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what the condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability.
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans' preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) "Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference" and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
This announcement is open to all U.S. Citizens.