New job Interdiscipinary in Missouri
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $78,624 - $102,215 a year
Location : Missouri
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: Works under the assigned supervisor who provides broad program objectives in the implementation of laws and regulations governing use and maintenance of government repair facilities such as the Service Base, and repair/maintenance/operation of river Locks and Dams.
- Serves Rivers Project with responsibility for strategic development, oversight, and implementation of a Project-wide asset management program for civil works features.
- Primary or alternate lead in all Periodic Inspections and field inspections of Locks and Dams and Facilities to assure repairs and maintenance requirements are tracked and work is scheduled and completed according to policies and instructions.
- Incumbent prepares scopes of work, specifications, and plans for maintenance and operational needs to include repairs, services, supplies, and construction requirements for Locks and Dams and facilities.
- When work requires detail plans and specifications incumbent exercises management, coordination, and liaison activities with Engineering and Construction elements.
- Reviews plans and specifications involving design work done by other personnel and other organizations to ensure that it conforms to requirements/codes and meets the needs of customers.
- Provides contract administration and oversight for awarded contracts.
- Resolves technical matters of an engineering/ construction/ operation/ maintenance nature.
- Reviews O and M manuals, technical manuals, shop drawings, contract drawings and specifications, as needed.
- Primary or alternate lead for all Periodic Inspections of facilities.
- Prepares directions, letters, and miscellaneous correspondence related to operation, maintenance, repair, and contract administration.
- Assists River Project Managers by acting as advisor to the Navigation Business Line Manager.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
0801 General Engineering
0810 Civil Engineering
0830 Mechanical Engineering
0850 Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design Managers
- Engineering Managers
- Managers, Engineering
- Managers, Engineering Design
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement OGE-450 annually and upon entering the position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid government motor vehicle operator's license.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Education Requirement:
Engineering 0800 Series
Architecture 0808 Series
Specialized Experience GS-12 Requirement:
One year of specialized experience which includes assisting in the technical development and/or oversight of construction contracts; interpreting plans and/or specifications for contract compliance; providing technical review of construction submittals, and/or making decisions of a contractual or technical nature. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) #18 Engineers and Scientists position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.