New job Human Resources Specialist (Early/ Mid-Career) in New Mexico
Human Resources Specialist (Early/ Mid-Career)
Company : Sandia National Laboratories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Do you have real passion for Human Resources and are you interested in joining a dynamic team of specialists? If so, you could be the highly motivated and dedicated HR Specialist we are seeking to join our team!
You may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Training, Employment & Labor Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, Affirmative Action, Data Analytics, and Employment Equity programs.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Partner with management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Support and partner with the division HRBP team in fact-finding and collaborating with Staff and/or Managers on Employee Relations issues.
- Conduct research on specific topics and provide proposals and advice on options and directions.
- Support managers with processing terminations.
- Support, conduct, and coordinate the facilitation of new leader integration and development.
- Partner with HRBPs in preparation of the performance review process.
- Handle employee concerns counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Recommend innovative approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency and services performed.
- Develop measures, metrics, and reports that determine the overall efficiency of HR initiatives, processes, and procedures and better advise business decisions.
- Assess and evaluate organizational performance to demonstrate impact on mission results.
- Maintain HR information system records.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or other closely related field plus three (3) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualifications We Desire
- HR related Certifications (PHR/SHRM-CP).
- Two or more years of experience in an HR Associate or Specialist role.
- Experience working with management and executive teams and providing high quality customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Our Team
The Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) and Strategic Services Department is responsible for partnering strategically and tactically with all Divisions. Our team functions in the design, delivery and deployment of Health, Benefits & Employee Services, Leadership Learning & Development, Corporate Learning & Professional Development, Talent Management, Compensation, Employee and Labor Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We are responsible for understanding all divisions' objectives and how they interrelate with the HR Initiatives to implement the HR Strategy across the corporation.
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.