New job Executive Assistant in Illinois
Company : McHenry County Government Center
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Illinois
HOURS: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm and Evening Mental Health Board Meetings
Under general supervision, oversees the administrative operations of the agency, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Formats and composes letters, reports, charts, and other documents containing complex terminology, such as contracts, legal documents, grants, etc.
- May deal with sensitive and confidential legal and personnel matters at the direction of the Director, legal counsel, Board President or other management staff.
- Composes correspondence under general direction or on own initiative. Sets up and maintains non-confidential department files.
- Takes and transcribes dictation from various technology sources.
- Interacts with all staff and general public in order to respond to inquiries, provide information and resolve problems.
- Coordinates agendas, meeting notices/legal notices, and rosters for Board and Committee meetings, or other outside meetings as directed. Attends all board meetings.
- Responsible for minutes of all Board and assigned Committee Meetings as well as other meetings as directed (i.e. Network Council). Produces accurate and timely minutes.
- Independently resolves administrative issues related to the efficient operation of the organization. Maintains and updates Board orientation information.
- Maintain and update MHB Facebook account and pages.
- Performs background checks and handles orientation of new hires for organization.
- Schedules and confirms appointments for the Executive Director Schedule out of area travel for Executive Director and Board members.
- Keeps Executive Director informed of status of projects, sensitive communication and any risk issues. Responds to requests and direction from the Board President and members.
- Greets visitors and escorts or directs them to appropriate areas.
- May attend meetings on behalf of Executive Director to obtain and relay information. Supervise and/or train other Administrative personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with job postings, gathering applications, and interviewing of applicants for open staff positions.
- Open to flexible work schedule due to meetings requirements.
- Acts as a back up and works in collaboration with other Administrative Assistants in completing special projects as a team member.
- Actively participates in quality improvement processes as applicable to the position. Understands and supports the mission, vision and values of the Mental Health Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s / Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or experience commensurate with the position.
- Knowledge of Parliamentary Procedure/Roberts Rule and Open Meetings Act
- Four years of responsible administrative experience required; Experience with interacting with high level officials and management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to become proficient in County scheduling and policy software programs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and certificate of current auto insurance.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident and Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, IMRF Pension Plan, Deferred Compensation Plan, Paid Vacation, Holidays, Personal and Sick Days.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer.