New job Department Office Administrator in Massachusetts
Department Office Administrator
Company : Mitre Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE Lab’s Communications, SIGINT, and PNT Department is seeking an office administrator to join our team in Bedford, MA and provide support to staff and department management. This position requires efficient and proactive execution of a broad range of activities in support of our business objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be an integral part of the department team and help shape department practices and improve our collective efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with department management and staff. Work in conjunction with management in a team-based approach to support the needs of our work program.
- Lead the coordination of department hiring by working closely with managers and HR’s recruiting team to track candidates, coordinate interviews with HR representatives and department staff, and manage the hiring process from interview to on-boarding. Proactively establish close working relationships across the management team, other division office administrators, and HR.
- Calendar coordination for department management including department level recurring events. This will require the ability to prioritize and creatively coordinate across conflicting calendar events while ensuring the right participation.
- Plan, coordinate, and administratively support a variety of department level meetings. This will include, but is not limited to, development of agendas and presentations, generating invites, posting read-ahead materials, arranging for the proper meeting venue, coordinating for facility needs, completing all catering orders, providing for teleconferencing and MS Teams assistance, handling security needs, generating meeting minutes, and archiving material for future use.
- Maintain and manage the content of key department online catalog listings for hiring, tasking, and work program project opportunities.
- Make travel arrangements in accordance with MITRE’s travel policies and procedure and prepare expense vouchers for the department leadership team as needed.
- Properly handle highly sensitive and privileged HR transactions.
- Maintain and manage all department confidential files, records, organization charts, etc.
- Manage purchases and meeting budgets.
Basic Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Relevant work experience
- Proactive initiative and follow-through on a broad range of administrative duties and have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated, willing to learn new things, manage multiple tasks, problem solve, and able to prioritize effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, ability to apply accuracy to one’s work.
- Ability to manage budgets, including purchasing and tracking capital expenses for the department and projects.
- Experience and advanced knowledge of MS Office Tools including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Document preparation including technical reports and products, expense reports, and other standard business documents.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience.
- Experience with web page creation and management.
- Experience interfacing with sponsors/customers with a high level of poise, tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
This requisition requires the following clearance(s):Secret
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.