New job CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE in Ohio
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $40,690 - $52,896 a year
Location : Ohio
Who may apply: All United States Citizens, ICTAP Eligibles, and PPP Military Spouses.
**This Job Opportunity Announcement is using an additional online assessment tool to evaluate applicants. Please review the HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED, HOW TO APPLY and WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT sections below for instructions.
- Provides customer service and responds to customer inquiries for all contractor and vendor invoice payment issues including late payment, underpayment or overpayment of invoices.
- Uses automated pay systems to research, analyze and resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies accounts receivables, erroneously taken discounts or failure to take discounts, improperly paid interest, input errors, refunds, duplicate payments or other problem situations.
- Receives, researches, analyzes, and answers telephone and written inquiries concerning functions related to contractor and vendor pay.
- Discusses problems and questions related to contractor and vendor pay and provides immediate answers to inquiries.
- Explains and/or assists inquirers in the preparation of various forms and documents.
Occasional travel - Occasional. There is no regular or recurring travel required for this position.
Job family (Series)
0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Vacancy Information: This position is located in Defense Finance Accounting Service-Accounting Operations- Columbus, OH
QualificationsOne year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-05) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined as: applying regulations, policies and procedures governing pay, billing and other types of financial transactions sufficient to convey information to customers and other interested parties, researching customer accounts and financial regulations, policies and procedures to identify discrepancies and suggest solutions, explaining pay, billing and other types of financial procedures, interpreting technical materials, conveying options and resolving problems within automated financial systems.
Note: This position requires you to obtain and maintain a Level 1 Certification under the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program as a condition of employment. If you are selected, you will have to obtain this certification within two (2) years of your entry on duty in the position unless you are already in a position that requires a Level 1 Certification in which case you must complete the certification within the original 2-year period. Failure to become certified within the required time-frame may be grounds for removal from the position and/or from Federal service. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/DoDFMCertificationProgram.pdf.
GS-06 Substitution of Education for Experience: Six months of graduate education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- For positions where relocation is paid (see Location block of vacancy announcement), you can learn more about relocation allowances and entitlements.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Travel requirement is occasional. There is no regular or recurring travel requirement.
- This position is covered by a bargaining unit.
- Pay for first time hires to the Federal Government will typically be set at step 1 salary range for their respective grade level.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
- Highly Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11064856
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process, DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJOBS account. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
3. Other Supporting Documents.
4. Military Spouse Preference:Spousal Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders or travel orders, marriage certificate/license and the Self-Certification form are required to claim Military Spouse Preference.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement or at the time of application if applying to an announcement with an extended closing date.
1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: All applicants to include current agency employees, must submit proof of education if the job announcement requires education to meet the basic qualification requirements, or if substituting education to meet the specialized experience requirements. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents, click here Transcripts and Certifications. All applicants to include current agency employees/contractors must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Cover Letter: You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or determine eligibility for preference.
3. Veterans Preference: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran's preference, and will possibly impact your placement on the certificate. For more veterans' information please click here.
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit a written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what they condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans' preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) "Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference" and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
- Click to review veterans authorities and required documents that verify eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/15/2021, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
All U.S. Citizens, ICTAP Eligibles, and PPP Military Spouses.