New job Business Office Coordinator in Michigan
Business Office Coordinator
Company : Volunteers of America
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
**considering only internal candidates at this time**
OBJECTIVE: To ensure that the financial functions of Senior CommUnity Care are done in a timely manner.
- Assumes specific responsibilities relating to Billing and Accounts Receivable processing.
- Responsible for all revenue billing, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Reconciles all Accounts Receivable and prepares adjustments as necessary.
- Submits required periodic reports to Medicaid, Medicare and other third payers.
- Reconciles monthly detailed revenue.
- Create and mail out private pay invoices.
- Cash Fax log.
- Report new enrollment and dis-enrollments monthly to Peak.
- CareKinesis – Review monthly PDE reports, and report ESRD participants.
- Download and review 820 Medicaid payment file monthly.
- Download and review CMS Medicare MMR file.
- Input new participant’s financial information into Mediture.
- Update current participants’ financial information as changes occur.
- Report monthly census to corporate accounting manager.
- Submit monthly RAPS reports and fix any errors reported back.
- Complete monthly CMS Attestation with Executive Director.
- Complete monthly Medicaid Report to State Worker.
- Oversees specific responsibilities relating to the Medical Claims system.
- Work with Claims vendor to submit medical claims and authorizations timely.
- Assists in review of claim authorizations between IDT team and Claims Vendors.
- Monitors claims reports and claims adjudications systems.
- Verifying insurance coverage.
- Manage provider/member data while maintaining compliance with HIPAA.
- Run reports in EMR for submissions.
- Download Precheck Registers weekly from Peak and assist in reviewing for accuracy.
- Download Pend Report weekly from Peak and assist in reviewing for accuracy.
- Assist in monthly review of IBNR report from Peak.
- Participates in monthly calls with Claims and Pharmacy Benefit partners.
- Assumes specific responsibilities in the preparation of month-end reports and back up, and submits month-end information to Corporate Office.
- Assumes specific responsibility for preparation of regular Part D reporting as required by the Medicare Part D program.
- Responsible for implementing and following all CMS Part D policies and procedures including coordination of benefits, TrOOP reporting, and PDE submittal process.
- Completes monthly Part D reserve calculation for submittal to VOANS accounting.
- Assist Executive Director, Director of Business Services and VOANS staff in completion of annual Part D bid.
- Assumes specific responsibilities relating to the banking function of the facility.
- Informs the Corporate Office of any disbursement problems such as stop payments, lost checks, etc.
- Ensures the recording and deposit of all cash receipts.
- Participates as a member of the PACE Compliance committee and completes Part D auditing as required by the Compliance Committee work plan.
- Supplies statistical information to facility and corporate personnel as needed.
- Assists with facility financial audits.
- Assists Director of Business Services in the overall organization of the Business Office; ensures the proper filing and storage of all pertinent Business Office records.
- Submits a brief monthly report, oral or written, to Director of Business Services concerning business office functions and expenditures.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Business Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one year of experience as a Business Office Coordinator or equivalent, preferably in a healthcare setting. Medicare and Medicaid billing experience is desirable.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of facility and corporate staff, participants, family members and the public.
- Numerical ability.
- Organizational ability.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to handle interruptions on a regular basis as well as the stress associated with meeting a variety of deadlines.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in working with the frail or elderly population.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Community Care and approved by CMS before working independently.
- Ability to meet requirements as indicated in the essential job functions.