New job Building Management Specialist in Vermont
Building Management Specialist
Company : US General Services Administration
Salary : $44,037 - $57,250 a year
Location : Vermont
Are you a graduating student or a recent grad? Join our Pathways Recent Graduate Program! This one-year program offers professional and technical training, mentoring and developmental opportunities.
- Through developmental assignments, assists Building Manager with building operations, maintenance, repair, alteration, historic preservation, recycling, concessions, safety, environmental and security in GSA-owned and leased buildings assigned.
- As a customer service representative, you will develop a positive working relationships with customer agencies and client personnel. You will also make recommendations to the Building Manager to initiate projects and activities.
- You will perform assignments that will allow you to become familiar with analyzing tenant agency space and service requirements in relation to overall facility operating plans
- You will assists the Building Manager in managing the contracting and leasing administration process as needed on behalf of tenant agencies and GSA.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
1176 Building Management
- Building Managers
- Managers, Building
Conditions of Employment
US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
The initial length of the job is one year but may become permanent.
Register with the Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year trial period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Have a valid driver's license. You will routinely be required to travel and may be exposed to slippery or uneven ground, failing objects, constructions and site conditions, noise, dust and environment or other discomforts and hazards. You will also travel to customer offices and GSA sites
- This work is mostly sedentary; however, walking, climbing ladders, crawling under and over equipment, bending, stooping and standing for long periods of time is required while inspecting buildings during field evaluations.
- Signed participant agreement is required for employment under this Program.
QualificationsFor each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $44,037.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must meet one of the following:
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as administrative or technical experience that provided a fundamental knowledge of programs, policies, or procedures related to the operation and maintenance of commercial buildings (or equivalent non-housing, high rise buildings). Examples of such experience includes: communicating with a variety of individuals to gather information, analyze, and provide recommendations regarding building operations, automated building systems, building equipment or building services; entering, tracking, and reconciling budgetary or financial data in a computerized system for facilities operations; or providing administrative or technical support for commercial building preventative maintenance programs.
B. EDUCATION: One full year of graduate level education or a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., PhD., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of an Building Management Specialist OR
C. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:D. A combination of specialized experience and graduate level education as described in "A" and "B" above that, when combined, fulfills the requirements.
- Class standing - You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; OR (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit here.
Bargaining Unit Status: AFGE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
- Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your responses to the online assessments completed during the application process. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Educational Experience (ACWA)
- Mathematical Skills (ACWA)
- Rating (ACWA)
- Social Organizations (ACWA)
- Work Experience (ACWA)
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
If you are claiming veterans preference:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are claiming 10-point preference, submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214:
(1) completed SF-15 form; and
(2) proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
If you are currently pursuing a graduate degree, but you are claiming Recent Graduate eligibility based on a previous degree, you must also include those transcripts.
- If you are active duty military- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
- Proof of recent graduate status (within the past 2 years; or on track to graduate by the degree requirement completion date indicated in the Hiring Path Clarification Text section of this announcement; or within past 6 years if you were prevented from applying due to your military service)
- Name of your college or university
- Date your degree was awarded
If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment.
Superior Academic Achievement: Submit transcripts as described above. If you qualify based on your class rank or honor society membership, submit documentation of it.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Clarification from the agency
Recent Graduates: If you completed a qualifying degree within the previous two years, you may apply. If you are a veteran who was prevented from applying during the 2-year period due to your military service, you may apply if your degree was completed within the last 6 years. Enrolled students: If you will complete your degree requirements by June 30, 2021, you may apply.