New job Assistant Plant Engineer in Michigan
Assistant Plant Engineer
Company : Aunt Millie's Bakeries
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Plant Engineer to join our team.
- Directs, coordinates and facilitates activities of workers engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in the maintenance of buildings, grounds, electrical and HVAC.
- Manage and work within the parameters of departmental budget.
- Set strategic and tactical direction to plan, schedule, direct and control all maintenance processes in order that we can meet the needs of our customers. This will include, but not limited to, managing repair, preventative maintenance, fabrication, and modification, installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Provide strong leadership and technical expertise to maintain existing procedures and drive continuous improvement. Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials. Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with management team.
- Ensure food safety procedures are adhered to when repairing, replacing, installing and applying preventive maintenance to food processing
- equipment and while working in processing area.
- Follows and ensure compliance with all GMP, Food Safety and Safety practices, policies and requirements.
- Lead the achievement of a zero-injury workplace.
- Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal government regulations.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support of the Company’s values and policies.
- Analyze data using various operating systems and programs.
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as Six Sigma (DMAIC methodology), Lean (Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, etc.) preferred.
- Competitive wages
- Employer matched 401(k) package and life insurance options
- An excellent healthcare plan, including dental and vision
- A safe, inclusive work environment
- Opportunities for growth
- 3+ years in a management or leadership role.
- 5 or more years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in food manufacturing.
- Proficiency in MS OffiWe offerce and SAP systems preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.