New job Assistant Director in Georgia
Company : Peachtree Prep
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Georgia
The Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for infants through PreK students. The Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately. An ideal candidate has very good typing skills, knows how to use Google Docs, and is familiar with ProCare software (or a comparable software). Excellent verbal and written skills are needed.
- Assume duties of Center Director and Teachers as needed during their absence.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure adherence to quality standards in accordance with Center guidelines and state and local requirements; implement improvements where needed.
- Maintain communication with families and community through appropriate outreach activities.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- 3 - 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
401K match up to 4% of your salary
Career opportunities to advance
Salary commensurate with experience
Our school is a State of the Art Private PreK through 12th grade private school. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Advanc-ED and we strive to challenge our students each and every day. Students utilize a state of the art computer lab and library for learning enhancement. Our students compete in a variety of academic events including Math Olympics, Creative Writing, Spelling Bees, Speech Meets, Science Fairs and over 17 different sports teams. At Peachtree Academy, we expect our students to be well-rounded and encourage them to participate in extra-curricular activities (soccer, baseball, language classes, chess, drama, music, and dance).
The early childhood division of the school bases its academic program on a weekly unit of study for academic advancement. Teachers use lesson plans to guide the delivery of information and address individual issues of advanced skill levels or areas of improvement that are needed. Parents may supplement curriculum by bringing in books, materials, or ideas related to the theme for the benefit of the class.