New job Adult Education Instructor in Minnesota
Adult Education Instructor
Company : Hennepin County
Salary : $25.60 - $36.49 an hour
Location : Minnesota
The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation's (DOCCR) Adult Corrections Facility (ACF) is looking to hire an Adult Education Instructor. This position will deliver educational services to ACF residents who do not have their General Education Development (GED) or high school diploma.
Location and hours:
This position is currently performed remotely due to COVID-19. Once restrictions are lifted, it will be located at the Adult Corrections Facility at 1145 Shenandoah Lane N, Plymouth, MN 55447. There is no public transportation to this facility. The primary schedule will be 64 hours in a two-week pay period with hours being 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with some flexibility. All personal protective equipment materials are provided and safety protocols are required to be followed.
About this position:
This is a regular, part-time (64 hours in a two-week pay period), benefit-earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Prepare, develop, and provide Adult Basic Education coursework in a one-room schoolhouse environment to adult correctional residents based on individual student needs.
- Provide small group and 1:1 instruction; individualized reading, writing, math, science, and social studies instruction aligned with GED and College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Analyze residents' education needs, assist in developing educational goals, and provide individual educational plans by means of a variety of assessment techniques, evaluations, and interpretations.
- Assist inmates in planning for continuing education for after release.
- Administer pre and post testing according to schedule.
- Maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
- Understand and respect cultural differences in a classroom setting including providing culturally appropriate services.
Must be 21 years or older and need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related field and two or more years teaching or training adults.
- Licensure to be a teacher in the State of Minnesota.
Nice to have:
- Teaching or training adults who are in the process of obtaining their GED.
- Designing and implementing training programs used for computer literacy instruction.
- Training or teaching the following: science, math, social studies, or language arts.
- Working with clients from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with College and Career Readiness (CCR) Standards in Adult Basic Education and/or Common Core State Standards.
- Advanced skill in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or another comparable program.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
About the department:
The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation works to enhance community safety, promote community restoration, and reduce the risk of re-offense. Department staff and volunteers serve Hennepin County at more than 20 service locations ranging from correctional facilities to probation reporting offices and occupational training centers, delivering sustainable correctional services to more than 26,000 adult and juvenile clients. It is the largest community corrections organization in Minnesota. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/corrections.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals - that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Source : Indded