New job Administrative Librarian in Delaware
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
- Applies standard library practices, such as acquisitions, cataloging, processing, and circulating of digital, and print library information resources in a computerized and global network environment.
- Researches, analyzes, assess and disseminate information on a wide variety of topics to meet the needs of library customers.
- May train/assist the public in the use of operating networked computers and computer printers, playback equipment, copiers, microform and reader/printers.
- Oversee or supervise subordinates or volunteers in the performance of clerical library functions.
- Participates in activities of library organizations and attends continuing professional development programs and courses of study.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in information technologies to integrate, initiate and develop new programs.
- May provide technical, electronic library and informational services to state agencies, legislative and public clients, and Delaware libraries and citizens.
- Develops, recommends, and/or implements library policies and procedures.
- May develop and implement programs to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, the policies of the Division of Libraries, and meet operational needs of library service functions.
- May serve as a professional library consultant, or team leader.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Librarian
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of an ALA accredited Masters degree or higher in Library Science or Information Science Technology.
- Three years experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating professional library programs, services and technologies.
- Knowledge of budget management and control which includes managing a budget for the purpose of keeping expenditures within the limitations of available appropriations and available revenue and maintaining, monitoring, projecting and controlling a budget within set policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of grant management and control which includes monitoring and evaluating grant expenditures.
- Knowledge of contract management and control which includes ensuring compliance with terms of contracts; negotiating changes to existing contracts.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.