New job Accounts Payable Specialist in Temporarily remote
Accounts Payable Specialist
Company : X-energy
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Temporarily remote
X-energy is a fast-growing, midsized company. In addition to conducting business in a commercial environment, we also engage in government contracts. The Accounts Payable Specialist will ensure accounts payable is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations and company policies. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have excellent time management skills to ensure all daily and monthly deadlines are met.
- Responsible for end-to-end AP process and accountable to both internal and external customers, ensuring timely and accurate payments to vendors and employees.
- Maintains accounts payable records and associated filing systems; enters data into computer systems; updates and reconciles accounts, compiles documentation, and generates reports.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Provide audit/research support by preparing supporting invoices/documentation, including cancelled check copies, as necessary.
- Reconcile all corporate cards monthly and ensure the corporate account remains in good standing.
- Assist in standardizing procedures to generate efficiency in-house and assist in creating internal templates to be used by the company.
- Assisting with annual audit as needed; provide support files created during the fiscal year.
- Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred.
- 7+ years of full cycle accounts payable experience in a lead role with a minimum of 2 years in a government contracting environment.
- Cost Point experience in a government contracting environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payables principles and practices required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-sufficient with the ability to adapt to a changing environment with a sense of urgency.
- A detail-oriented team player with strong communication skills for interfacing with suppliers, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Full-time, Exempt
COVID-19 UPDATE - Our employees are generally working from home for the foreseeable future. Since the pandemic, we have hired employees that are working remotely, and all are satisfied. Though this concept is evolving, we currently expect new hires to relocate to the metropolitan area and be able to come into the office at least on an infrequent basis at some point in the intermediate future. In the longer run, we expect to formally adopt a blended model of retaining an office and allowing employees to work from home a significant part of the time provided we are satisfied with individual work rates and strong team results.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.