New job Accountant in Arizona
Company : Maricopa County, AZ
Salary : $43,680 - $77,272 a year
Location : Arizona
Finance is not all about numbers at the Department of Transportation. If you have a knack for problem-solving and enjoy utilizing your critical thinking to develop solutions, this is the job for you. As the Accountant, you will be responsible for partnering with our team to advise them on the best financial decisions.
About the Department of Transportation
We value your time. The time with your family. The time you spend on the road. And the time you spend making a difference. At the Maricopa County Department of Transportation, we provide connections that improve people’s lives. By combining innovative technologies with the vast talent of our employees, we plan for future needs and operate a transportation system with the community in mind. Are you interested in contributing to the community in which you work, live, and play? Then join our team—and help us build connections!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- One (1) year of professional-level accounting work experience
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Government accounting experience
- Experience with paperless document storage and retrieval software
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
Administers payroll timekeeping for all MCDOT employees: schedule changes, timecard corrections, time-off requests, approvals, overtime monitoring, and running various payroll reports.
- Prepares and processes invoices for payments and bank deposits
- Reviews, approves and posts documents and journal entries
- Reconciles transactions between department sub-systems and accounting system; resolves and corrects discrepancies
- Monitors accounting documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Federal, State, and County policies and practices
- Tracks expenditures and monitors compliance to budget plans; updates and maintains the cost accounting computer systems and other sub-systems systems
- Guides departmental staff
The Maricopa County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates considered to be the most highly qualified. Those selected will be assessed based on the evaluation of listed education and experience. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a list provided by Human Resources.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehire at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to the midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.