New job Social Service Specialist II in Delaware | 2021
Social Service Specialist II
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Interviews clients, reviews cases and compiles appropriate information in order to complete all necessary forms and data sheets. Maintains supportive contact with patients, clients and families. Coordinates work with other members of the human services team.
- Assists clients and/or refers clients/cases to appropriate agency and resource.
- Maintains, logs, documents and records informational records and statistical reports.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to agencies, clients and other appropriate sources.
- May supervise clients whose probation/parole is for minor crimes.
- Assists in the establishment of appropriate client behavior by guiding, directing and influencing patients, clients and/or families.
- May conduct follow up by verifying information through phone contact, personal interview and/or computer screening.
- Prepares appropriate information, makes recommendations and assists in the facilitation of processing cases for completion, resolution and/or service provision.
- May speak before community groups and serve on task forces or committees as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Social Service Specialist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in health or human services support such as interviewing clients and assessing personal, health, social or financial needs in accordance with program requirements or coordinating with community resources to obtain client services.
- Six months experience in record keeping.
- Six months experience in applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.