New job Research Assistant 2 / Survey Interviewer in Oregon | 2021
Research Assistant 2 / Survey Interviewer
Company : Oregon Health & Science University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
The OHSU University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) is an organization that supports people with disabilities throughout Oregon. The collaboration with other State agencies and other UCEDD organizations across the country to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities or special health needs and effective partnerships with individuals, families, communities, and public and private agencies, UCEDD strive to serve as an exemplary local, state, and national excellence in interdisciplinary education, clinical practice, research, community service, and policy development.Function/Duties of Position:
The purpose of this temporary position is to fulfill a sub-contract with the state of Oregon Department of Human Services by conducting an assigned percentage of 400 adult consumers of state DD services for the National Core Indicators project.
The Research Assistant will schedule and conduct in-person interviews online with study participants. Some interviews may take place in a community setting later in the project.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (4 yr) with major courses in field of research/No Experience OR AA (2yr) and 3 years of relevant experience with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines with paperwork
- Phone, access to wireless internet, access to email account to set up, conduct and transfer data from interviews as well as required work related forms such as timecard and mileage.
- Attend full day mandatory training on a date to be determined at OHSU.
- Ability to make arrangements for and conduct interviews online or in the interviewee home or community setting per the interviewee preference in potentially noisy environment.
- Ability to keep organized records of schedules/interviews/other activities for weekly reports.
- Sitting- Ability to sit for up to 1 to 1.5 hours for interview session.
- Computer/Internet- Have own computer with webcam and highspeed internet. Have a private area to conduct confidential interviews. Ability to use Microsoft Outlook OHSU email account using repetitive keystrokes, ability to enter data into a secure database
- Software- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, and PDF format to fill our required tracking forms using touch pad and keystrokes.
- Hardware- Ability to use (or be trained to successfully use) iphone and computer to conduct interviews and transfer data using touchpad and keystrokes
- Driving- -Candidate must have reliable transportation and ability to drive to interview sites, a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or have a family member with a disability
- Research experience.
- High level of technical skill around data handling and interviewing Research experience.
- Drivers License and proof of vehicle insurance if you will be using your own vehicle to get to interview sites. (Interviews will be conducted online. Community interviews are dependent on status of the pandemic).
Apply here. Upload cover letter and resume.All are welcome: Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Source : Indded