New job Planner in North Carolina | 2021
Company : Cumberland County, NC
Salary : $45,000 a year
Location : North Carolina
- Process all applications for rezoning, initial zoning, conditional zoning, conditional use district and permit, and land development-related text amendments (typically zoning, subdivision and watershed ordinances) for Cumberland County and eight municipalities
- Reviews the rezoning application for completeness and accuracy; and discusses the plans with the applicant to ensure the requested zoning will allow the intended use and is consistent with adopted plans and policies
- Respond to public contact via walk in, telephone and email explaining procedures, rules and processes
- Applies land development regulations and reviews the same specific to an application.
If selected for the position, a formal transcript will be required within 30 days of hire. College transcripts may be submitted on-line via the attachment feature or mailed to Cumberland County Human Resources, 117 Dick St. Fayetteville, NC 28301
Background check and negative drug test are required
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of community and economic development and public sector planning and/or landscape design
- Knowledge of governmental laws, programs, and services pertinent to the community and economic development and planning processes
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.