New job Full-Time Health Access Assisters in West Valley City, UT 84119 | 2021
Full-Time Health Access Assisters
Company : Utah Health Policy Project
Salary : $17.50 - $20.50 an hour
Utah Health Policy Project (UHPP) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit pursuing sustainable solutions for
underserved Utahns. UHPP supports a relaxed, fun environment, with a motivated and passionate
UHPP is seeking community-oriented professionals to be part of exciting program expansion to
promote access to health care in Utah’s underserved communities. This job is a great opportunity to
expand your horizons while feeling good about helping your community. On the job training is
Health Access Assister Job Description:
- Enroll individuals and families in health insurance coverage. Set monthly enrollment goal with
- Foster and maintain community partnerships to assist organizations with Medicaid, Medicare,
outreach and enrollment.
- Conduct one-on-one and family education on topics such as public program eligibility, benefits,
medical/health care home.
- Establish embedded relationship with third party community partner sites to generate
- Possess or obtain broker insurance producer license and become appointed as a UHPP broker
- Provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner.
- Facilitate selection of a health plan.
- Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of
accessibility and usability of Health Access Assister tools and functions for individuals with
disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the
- Protect personally identifiable information (PII) to standards set in UHPP policy.
- Act as liaison between consumers and Department of Workforce Services Eligibility Workers.
- Act as advocate on behalf of consumers’ best interest.
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and health coverage program specifications.
- Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the health insurance options in
- Participation in weekly staff meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Possess reliable vehicle to travel to various enrollment sites.
- Comfort level with using technology to conduct outreach, enrollment and other work duties
- Assist with grant management. Implement program plans and grant expectations as indicated in
enrollment/retention interventions to evaluate plan success and client results.
- Utilize database tool to conduct case management and assist in the preparation of progress
- Adhere to all relevant federal and state law, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or similar experience preferred; but not required.
- Effective Communication: Communicate and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in changing environment while
- Relationship Building: Positive mindset and ability to maintain strong working relationships with
- Background Knowledge: Knowledge of federal and state health care programs; computer
- Experience: Health insurance enrollment or related enrollment assistance experience preferred.
- Self-Starter/Problem Solving: Comfort level and desire to work independently to initiate and
- Language: English and second language preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
UHPP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
- Dental Plan
- Simple IRA
- Full-time Employees receive 10 paid planned holidays, 3 paid floating holidays, and start with
and additional 15 paid days vacation time
- Full-time Employees receive 5 paid sick days
- UHPP also observes a reduced schedule during the winter holiday season-approximately half-
time—approximately 4 additional paid days off
- Access to robust affordable options on subsidized and flexible ACA Marketplace (approximate
cost on lookup tool: https://www.kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/ ); potential employer
health care cost offset for premiums
- $17.50 - $20.50 per hour, based on education and experience
- Annual performance bonus pay up to 5%
- Potential Overtime (paid at time and a half)
- hiring for 10 positions will be done in three phases (March 1-15, April 15-30, and May 15-30)
applicants are encouraged to not delay submitting application as earlier hire date potential
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com